Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

WARNING Motorbike rental in Tong Nai Pan Noi

• heinscheffer

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2008

If you got to Tong Nai Pan Noi on Koh Pha Ngan, and you should, beware of Again Again.
    It's a super friendly looking place serving food and renting motorbikes, but unfortunately the man is a total crook. Everybody in the village knows this, but off course I walked right into the trap.
    Rented 3 motrobikes, had a nice trip to Thong Sala, returned the bikes and then the nightmare started...
    He was accusing me of damage done to the bike (yeah I know, I should have checked the bike better) and kept hold of my passport. Even told me that he gave it to the local police which in the end turned out to be total BS.
    Only after mediation of the Baan Panburi management I got my passport back a day later after paying 1500 BHT for the "damage"
    It's a shame this guy does this, and according to the stories, he does so all the time.
    So my advice is to walk around this man and his Again Again place.
    Luckily there are plenty of other nice places in Tong Nai Pan Noi. We had a great time here after 8 years.
    Off course it has changed and is changing, but so far, it's still a really nice hide-out.

#1 Posted: 8/7/2008 - 11:20

• Advertisement

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

I would say 1500 baht is pretty cheap for a wake up lesson .

And think yourself lucky if this your biggest ""NIGHTMARE"" while travelling .

#2 Posted: 8/7/2008 - 14:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Motorbike rental in Hue ... By MotHaiBa on 12 Oct 2011 0 1634 12 Oct 2011
One-Way Motorbike Rental ... By soontobewrldtrv on 30 Mar 2012 2 3251 23 Apr 2012