Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Is there some reason I cannot find any info of travelling from Chiang Khong into North Thailand?

Posted by coojee on 8/7/2008 at 21:31

I cannot find any info about travelling in this direction. The overall plan of this leg of our travels is to head north from Luang Prabang by boat to Huay Xai then from Chiang Khong to CM via CR or whatever one has to do. Can't find much info at all...as I say, is there a reason why this seems such an unpopular route? I have found a little bit of info going the other way but bugger all heading west...

cheers!

#1 coojee has been a member since 8/7/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/7/2008 at 14:49 admin

No it's just as popular -- we did the Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang feature in that order just for the hell of it -- can't you read it backwards ;-). Though if you mean the info is missing from the relevant destination sections, that's just my slackness... will take a look and try to add some more info in.

If you haven't seen it, the CM to LP story is here.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by coojee on 12/7/2008 at 08:35

cheers thanks for that. Yeah, I always presumed it would be just the same only in reverse but I have found (all over the web etc) so many things about going from Thailand into Laos via the route but not the other way I was just wondering if there was something about it I was not getting. Thanks for your help.

#3 coojee has been a member since 8/7/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by paulspad2002 on 14/7/2008 at 00:48

hey im also doing the LP to thai border journey in august on my visa run.....u can catch the slow boat from LP in the morning and will stay overnight in pakbeng....then the next morning watch that u dont get the wrong boat as many of them do the border to LP trip....the boats going north are less crowded...u will more than likely need to stya overnight in huey xai as the boats often get there late and miss the border times...maybe this is a scam to make u stay in huey xai...get up in the morning and cross over to the border...are u staying in pai, dont miss it its a nice place i hear and have had many friends stay there so this time i am too....the boat is about 140,000 kip i am told

#4 paulspad2002 has been a member since 8/7/2008. Posts: 21

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.