Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Phangan Hotel / Bungalow reccommendations anyone?

• chambers

Joined Travelfish
    3rd June, 2008

going to thailand next week,
    Just wondering what hotels people thought were good value/location on koh phangan? particularly on hadd rin or somewhere very close.
    I've been told that the 'sunset' hotel/bungalows is a good choice.
    Just really after something cheap (1000 baht or less per night) with a decent location. a pool would be an added bonus!

What have been some travelfish users' experiences and would anyone reccommend any specific hotels on Haad Rin or somewhere close?

Also wondered if it would be safe to just show up and get a room considering it's low season at the moment.

thanks for any suggestions and help!

#1 Posted: 13/7/2008 - 14:05

• Advertisement

• cookiepower

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2008

Hi

If you're going to koh phangan near a full moon party you need to go a few days before really as it fills up really quick and depending on how busy they are charge sometimes double the usual rate.
    If you want to stay on the beach near the bars there are a few bungalow places there a couple with pools the nicest one i have stayed in is i think called sunrise
    If you want to stay a bit quieter though still in haad rin and 2 mins walk to the bars jaya guesthouse is good they had hot water rooms with air con for around 550 baht i think although i went for the shared bathroom option big showers
    although now i think about it there is a great resort place down by the pier think its called seaview resort has the the best pool in haad rin!!
    have fun

#2 Posted: 14/7/2008 - 03:57

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Leela Beach Bungalows have newish aircon beachfront places for less than 1000. No pool. Leela Beach is a quiet and attractive one 10 to 20 minutes walk (depending what end) from central Hat Rin.
    Lighthouse Bungalows further round the headland via a wooden walkway have some nice midrange bungalows.

#3 Posted: 14/7/2008 - 11:35

• Marney_47

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2008

i wanted to find he best place to stay in ko phangan also but have heard some pretty bad things about staying in haad rin during a full moon party. I want to stay somewhere, where its is easy to get to haad rin for the nightlife, but is still a little way away from the madness.

i looked at Haad Yuan, Haad Thian or Haad Why Nam... Do you know if these are nice beaches to stay on and are they easily accessible to the madness in Haad Rin... I would obvious like to check out the full moon party myself...

Thanks

#4 Posted: 16/7/2008 - 12:41

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Thise 3 are some of the most laid back on the island. Access from just about anywhere on Phangan is okay during full moon party time - someone always runs a pickup down for visitors - and with those 3 beaches being just up the coast from Hat Rin Moonrise beach, there will probably be longtails going down too.

The trick is getting back in the early hours to the less populated beaches. The Hat Rin songthaew/lontail mafias tend to take advantage and charge a bomb. Less problem if you are a hard core dude and go thru to daylight, or if there is a whole bunch of you to spread the cost.

#5 Posted: 16/7/2008 - 17:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
blue lotus or rainboe bungalow ban kai ko phangan ... By clairehanmer on 13 Mar 2008 0 1247 13 Mar 2008
Gotta go to Bkk for Xmas, anyone want my beachfront bungalow Sunset beach Ko Phangan ... By kiwigazza on 19 Dec 2011 1 912 22 Dec 2011