Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Nice hotel for a 30th birthday

• lannypeg

Joined Travelfish
    24th June, 2008

I am going to Bangkok in early December and will be celebrating my friends 30th birthday. Can anybody recommend hotel and the best area to stay for going out at night? We are not backpacking and so would be willing to pay a little extra for a special night out. Any advice on bars and restuarants also appreciated as there are two vegetarians in the party.

#1 Posted: 21/7/2008 - 03:00

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

What sort of budget are you considering?

#2 Posted: 21/7/2008 - 08:07

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

Check out the Landmark Hotel. The Landmark is close to a Skytrain stop and not far form malls, supermarkets, shops and street vendors. Lots of restaurants, travel agencies for tours and bars. Lots of nightlife - vegetarian restaurants available. Sample restaurant: http://www.dosaking.net/

The Landmark is on Sukhumvit Road.

http://www.landmarkbangkok.com/index.htm

You don't mention any price range.

Good luck.

#3 Posted: 21/7/2008 - 09:21

• mantahay

Joined Travelfish
    23rd December, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi we stayed at the Mermaid resort in Patong http://www.mermaid-resort.com/ this place is run by a really nice Dutch couple and the have great staff (Bung in particular is a character) ... i have been to Thailand before and avoided Phuket like the plague as my idea of travel in Asia is in the small country towns away from the crowds. Yet in Feb this year i attended a 30th birthday and we all flew to Phuket for 10 days of drinking and sun. We enjoyed ourselves even with the beach full of HUGE European tourists in budgie smugglers. It's a good spot for a fun atmosphere and i would recommend a place called 'On The Beach' in Karon (next beach down 250 bath ride in tuk tuk) for a GREAT cheap dinner with beautiful food and views of the sunset that are amazing.

Anyway that's my two bobs worth ...

#4 Posted: 31/7/2008 - 08:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3days in sinapore for 30th birthday ... By Timetotravel12 on 20 Oct 2012 1 1315 21 Oct 2012