Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ya Ya resort railay

• carolynwhit-
    aker

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2008

Disgusting, filthy, rats, cockroaches, frogs jumping around room. Just a bucket of water and container to flush the toilets - how does one get rid of the floaties? Bathroom/shower black with mould, nails to hang up clothes. Restaurant meal was disgustingly bad. Certainly not like the photos on their website. Paid the money but could not bring ourselves to stay there and shifted the same night as booking in. Should be had up for false advertising.

#1 Posted: 29/7/2008 - 10:20

• Advertisement

• smartso

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2008

I've got to say I had a similar experience with YaYa's. We stayed one night but it was the worst accommodation I had on the whole trip.

#2 Posted: 29/7/2008 - 12:58

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Looks like the place hasn't lifted its game. This is what I wrote after a visit:

*A few years back I got me a fan room at YA YA. A bit shabby and not particularly cheap, but it was late Nov and Railay was pretty busy. Thing is, Ya Ya is double and triple storey and largely wood construction, meaning it is NOISY.
    Okay, starting about 2 am a party of ravers comes home, not together, but is shifts spread over 20 minutes or more. Must have been about 30 people staying up there. They go CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP up the wooden stairs at the side and when they are all in the room, decide to rearrange the furniture. This goes on interminably. Until I grab my ever-present really big bush stick and tap the ceiling rather forcefully a few times. Problem solved.

Then about 4am, a returning couple decide to have a domestic on the stairway. Until I stick my big ugly head out the door and politely suggest they take themselves and their dispute and f..k in the direction of off.

Quiet again until 5am when Ya Ya’s battalion of rodents decides to have a line-dancing contest in the wall cavity. Until I whack the wall with my good ol’ bush stick for a few minutes. No more noise from them, but the cheeky bastards upstairs are tapping on the floor rather forcefully. And someone downstairs is yabbering quite loudly is Swahili or something. Jeez, how ungrateful - I probably saved them from the bubonic plague.

Anyway, if any of you guys were down in Trang on Nov22 2003 and heard the scamper of paws outside around 6am, that wasn’t the local dog-pack chasing Garfield - that was Ya Ya’s rats on the stampede.
    Of course one of you smart marthas is gunna suggest it was more likely Domestic-Dispute Couple. Yeah sure. My head may be rough but it aint that scary.

So I’m less than whelmed with Ya Ya, check out next morning, wander along the beach path and see a sign NEW BUNGALOWS - PARK VIEW pointing up the hill path . Should be quiet up there, I think.
    Well it was, except for the Gibbons.

#3 Posted: 30/7/2008 - 17:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Railay Bay Resort ... By natalie76 on 17 Jan 2008 1 1713 17 Jan 2008
Rapala Resort Railay East ... By cbecker73 on 15 Dec 2007 1 3010 17 Dec 2007