Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

how to book a Seaside-hut?

Posted by julia89 on 31/7/2008 at 03:12

I found a nice bungalow on travelfish.org:

http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/thailand/southern_thailand/surat_thani/haad_rin/all/699

but you cannot book online! do I have to call from Germany to Thailand?!
can anybody help me?

#1 julia89 has been a member since 31/7/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by chrispyrolls on 31/7/2008 at 03:57

as there seems no other way to contact them (website / email) then calling them is the only option... or try googling them to see if they have a site but it's just not listed here

#2 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 31/7/2008 at 06:49 admin

We list all the details we have for them -- so if you find they've now got a website, pls let me know and I'll add it in. Otherwise, as it stands now, telephone is the only option -- if you've got Skype on your computer it shouldn't cost too much, though bear in mind not all places take reservations in advance -- they may work on a walk-in basis only.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by julia89 on 31/7/2008 at 18:10

okay, thanks!
I could not find a website, but a call to thailand is very cheap, assumed that you use the right prefix, so I am going to call them and book a bungalow...

#4 julia89 has been a member since 31/7/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by SBE on 1/8/2008 at 04:45

Well if the call is cheap there's no harm trying, but as Somtam says many budget places don't take bookings.

Even if they say yes you may not get the room... they prefer to give a room to someone who's actually there rather than keep a room for someone who might not turn up.

Plus you are going to what seems like a popular good value place in Had Rin...for the Full Moon Party?

Your best bet would be to get there several days beforehand I think.

#5 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,002
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by richahiker on 1/8/2008 at 17:33

Hi

Need some info on Thailand-Please help

1) Im planning to travel to thailand from India next month.Would like to know if it is safe for women to travel alone.

2) Considering this is the off season, which places can be recommended.

3) My travel plan is fo 15 days, and want to stay at cheap and best accomodation.Whivh place in bagkok would be cheap, safe and centarl

4) My itineary consist of Bangkok,Phuket/Pattaya, Koh Sumai and Chaiang Mai.
My interest is to shop in bankok, see around, go to some nice happening beach and also sone calm qnt to go to Tiger Moa beach. Would also want to go to Tiger Monastery and see some jungles, waterfall.

Could anyone please suggest me that how should i follow these and how should i plan my itineary so can cover these places.

If these places are not safe enough for september montth then what could be the options.

It would be a budget travel.

Please help

Thanx
Richa

#6 richahiker has been a member since 1/8/2008. Posts: 8

Posted by SBE on 1/8/2008 at 20:47

I answered you already on another thread Richa!

#7 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,002
 Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.