Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand info- Please help

• richahiker

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2008

Hi

Need some info on Thailand-Please help

1) Im planning to travel to thailand from India next month.Would like to know if it is safe for women to travel alone.

2) Considering this is the off season, which places can be recommended.

3) My travel plan is fo 15 days, and want to stay at cheap and best accomodation.Whivh place in bagkok would be cheap, safe and centarl

4) My itineary consist of Bangkok,Phuket/Pattaya, Koh Sumai and Chaiang Mai.
    My interest is to shop in bankok, see around, go to some nice happening beach and also sone calm qnt to go to Tiger Moa beach. Would also want to go to Tiger Monastery and see some jungles, waterfall.

Could anyone please suggest me that how should i follow these and how should i plan my itineary so can cover these places.

If these places are not safe enough for september montth then what could be the options.

It would be a budget travel.

Please help

Thanx
    Richa

#1 Posted: 1/8/2008 - 18:32

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

1. Yes very safe

2. Gulf coast or Ko Samet should be drier as you seem to be mainly a beach person.

3. Suk 11 springs to mind. It's in central BKK with excellent transport options, about 50m from a skytrain stop and 5-10min walk from the MRT underground. In spite of being quite near places like Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy they have a very strict policy about not letting "overnight guests" ie no hookers allowed in. Loads of single women, couples and families stay there as well as single men who aren't only interested in the BKK bar scene. It's family run, honest helpful staff, convenient, clean, friendly and still pretty cheap for the area. Be sure and book though as it's now recommended in Lonely Planet. Travelfish has lots of other options too I expect.

4. Your itinerary sux rather beach wise IMO but I'm biased. Personally I'd avoid Phuket/Pattaya and Samui and go to Ko Tao or Ko Phangan instead...away from the main party areas of course. Or Ko Samet ...much better beaches than Pattaya but it's still rather touristy, expensive and overdeveloped and the national park fee is a ludicrous rip off considering all the development and lack of environmental concern there. Chiang Mai isn't my favourite place but accommodation is relatively cheap and good value.

Never heard of Tiger Moa beach but most of the Tiger temples involve cruelty to animals for the sake of tourist $$$.

#2 Posted: 1/8/2008 - 20:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.