Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand Itineary

• richahiker

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2008

Hi Guys

I have finally zeroed in on the places I would like to go.I just need little more help.Please excuse me for my constant messages.

1) Iam planning to visit Bangkok- Phuket-Kanchnaburi-Ko Samet/Ko Samui.
    2) I want to go to Ching Mai but guess that would be out of place.

3) Could you please suggest me the best possible route to follow to reach these places?

4) Im posing this question again as in to go to Ko Samet or Ko Samui, could you please suggest which will be the easiest that will fall in this route and scenic wise which will be good.

5) I have only 15 days so is it possible to cover Chiang Mai.

Thanx for all th help.

Cheers

#1 Posted: 4/8/2008 - 16:27

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

You don't say what criteria you used to "zero in' on your choices. As I think I mentioned in an earlier post, your best bet to avoid rain would be the Gulf side in September. Not sure why you absolutely want to go to Phuket.

If I were you I'd just go to Samui. It's similar to Phuket in terms of hotel infrastructure and popularity with traditional package tourists. If, once you get there, you find it a bit too over-developed for you, then there are two other islands nearby (Ko Tao and Ko Phangan) which have fewer big concrete buildings etc. They are very easy to get to as there are several inter-island ferries daily. This would save you a lot of time ...unless sitting on buses for hours on end is all part of the fun as far as you are concerned. Also, there is no obvious advantage in going to Samet when you can get from Samui to these two islands without hassle and at less cost. But up to you.

Bangkok and Kanchanaburi can be combined because Kanchanaburi is only about 2-3 hours from BKK by bus. You'd be best to plan a night's stay in Kanchanaburi or you won't have time to explore anything. There are lots of cheap Guesthouses there.

You could fly to CM on budget airline from BKK to save time. Google Air Asia, One 2 Go and Nok Air and see what they have in terms of flights. Otherwise there's an overnight sleeper train to CM which means you don't waste much sightseeing time.

#2 Posted: 5/8/2008 - 04:26

• mic59

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2008
    Total reviews: 5

NokAir and AirAsia seem to be about AU$50 one-way to Chiang Mai. This includes all taxes. On the AirAsia site there is one flight which is equivalent to AU$10 but is without taxes. So you could do Chiang Mai in the time you have.
    You wouldn't be able to go Kanchanaburi-Chiang Mai-Bangkok although that would be best. The quickest way would be to first book a flight or train to Chiang Mai, then go to Kanchanaburi, spend a few days or maybe a week there, then come back and take your trip to Chiang Mai. If you go to Kanchanaburi and then try to get a train or flight when you come back the planes and trains could easily be booked for a few days and you would end up wasting travelling time. The bus is a different matter, you should be able to go out straight away on the bus, but remember that it is over 11 hours to Chiang Mai.

#3 Posted: 6/8/2008 - 16:11

• richahiker

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2008

Hi

Thanx a lot SBE and Mic. Your inputs have really helped.
    I think i will skip Phuket.
    Will go to Bankok,Kanchnaburi,Samui and will see if have time then will make it to Chiang Mai

Thanx a ton.

#4 Posted: 6/8/2008 - 16:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand Itineary- Please help ... By richahiker on 4 Aug 2008 18 1641 9 Aug 2008