Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

How to get to koh phangan from Krabi?

• kencanapuri

Joined Travelfish
    15th August, 2008

i need help!
    i'm traveling to Krabi this Jan 2009,I'm staying in aonang beach. Planning to go to koh phangan for fullmoon party on the 10th..how to get there by boat?how long it would takes to reach koh phangan?

#1 Posted: 15/8/2008 - 13:02

• Advertisement

• nikita600f

Joined Travelfish
    28th May, 2008
    Location Netherlands

Hi there. To go to Koh phangnan from Krabi is a long way to travel. First you need to go by land to the other side on the land (by bus)and from there take a ferry (about 3hrs).
    http://kohphangan.sawadee.com/kohphangan-transfer.html

I do not know if you already know this, but on days of full moon partys it is really, really crowded, so probably it is better to stay in a hostel in koh samui and take a ferry to koh phangang. Especially at night the trips are very long (longer than during the day, do not ask me why) and to get a sleeping place at koh phangang you need to go there a few days in advance, because of the crowd (and you do not want to sleep on the beach I guess).
    Anyway, good luck and check lonely planet for more tips!

#2 Posted: 15/8/2008 - 17:46

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You need to get first from Ao Nang to Krabi and then a bus to Surat Thani and then a boat from there to Ko Samui or Ko Pha Ngan. The easiest way is to go into any travel agent in Ao Nang and buy a minibus through ticket, but govt buses are generally more comfortable (in which case you'll need to go via Krabi town).

#3 Posted: 15/8/2008 - 18:14

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

Those parties are shithouse. Not worth the effort. Bad music, mostly drunk blokes pissing in the sea or on the beach.

#4 Posted: 17/8/2008 - 20:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.