Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

How to get to koh phangan from Krabi?

Posted by kencanapuri on 15/8/2008 at 13:02

i need help!
i'm traveling to Krabi this Jan 2009,I'm staying in aonang beach. Planning to go to koh phangan for fullmoon party on the 10th..how to get there by boat?how long it would takes to reach koh phangan?

#1 kencanapuri has been a member since 15/8/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by nikita600f on 15/8/2008 at 17:46

Hi there. To go to Koh phangnan from Krabi is a long way to travel. First you need to go by land to the other side on the land (by bus)and from there take a ferry (about 3hrs).
http://kohphangan.sawadee.com/kohphangan-transfer.html

I do not know if you already know this, but on days of full moon partys it is really, really crowded, so probably it is better to stay in a hostel in koh samui and take a ferry to koh phangang. Especially at night the trips are very long (longer than during the day, do not ask me why) and to get a sleeping place at koh phangang you need to go there a few days in advance, because of the crowd (and you do not want to sleep on the beach I guess).
Anyway, good luck and check lonely planet for more tips!

#2 nikita600f has been a member since 28/5/2008. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/8/2008 at 18:14 admin

You need to get first from Ao Nang to Krabi and then a bus to Surat Thani and then a boat from there to Ko Samui or Ko Pha Ngan. The easiest way is to go into any travel agent in Ao Nang and buy a minibus through ticket, but govt buses are generally more comfortable (in which case you'll need to go via Krabi town).

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by travelrock on 17/8/2008 at 20:21

Those parties are shithouse. Not worth the effort. Bad music, mostly drunk blokes pissing in the sea or on the beach.

#4 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.