Thailand forum

From Bangkok Airport to downtown - 4 of us travelling

• downundergal

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2005
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 4

Hi all,
    In the past with 2 of us we have used the Airport bus but this time we are 4 including my mum in law who is 74 so I am looking for an easy and hassle free transfer after flying in from London.
    Can 4 of us fit in a taxi with 2 backpacks & 2 suitcases? Or would we need to take a private car or van, if so can anyone recommend a reputable company?
    Thanks.

#1 Posted: 15/8/2008 - 15:21

• Advertisement

• nikita600f

Joined Travelfish
    28th May, 2008
    Location Netherlands

Hi there,

I'm myself am going to Thailand, and I was also looiking for a reliable taxi company.
    I've managed to arrange a taxi via the travel agency (or via the hotel you booked) and offen they can offer you a taxi or an alternative for a reasonable price (so no hassling at the airport) at about 15 euro (sorry I'm from Europe).
    I suggest you look at sereval websites fot taxis to get a feeling for the cab prices (starts at 35 THB, and for about 5 euro you can drive around Bangkok for an hour, but you really need to negotiate at the airport!)http://www.imagelimo.com/rates.htm http://www.bangkok-hotels-bangkok.com/bangkok-taxi-airport/

Far cheapest is the BTS-skytrain: 10-40 THB per ticket.

I choose a taxi, because after 15 hours of flight I do not care about a few extra bugs :-)

Good Luck

#2 Posted: 15/8/2008 - 17:27

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Easiest way is the Airport Limo -- 700B last time I checked -- you won't miss the signs for them -- there's one every 20m throughout the airport -- get grandma to pay ;-)

But, if Grandma is on the agile side (or baulks at 700B), I'd go for a standard taxi from the official rank out front -- it's amazing how much luggage they can fit into a car, and they'll fit four brits in no probs.

#3 Posted: 15/8/2008 - 18:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Quirky and Fun Hotel (Bangkok Downtown) ... By Apple_pie on 10 Dec 2007 1 1724 10 Dec 2007
Travelling to Phuket and transiting through Bangkok airport ... By ransid_sparky on 16 May 2010 5 2506 20 May 2010