Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

khaosan rd to ayutthaya

Posted by bembot on 19/8/2008 at 17:57

hello everybody!
my friend and i will be visiting bangkok/ayutthaya from aug 30 to Sept 3

we will be staying in westbanglumphoo area
our itenerary so far:

day 1
am- grand palace, temples,
pm-rest till 4pm khaosan rd and pra arthit

day 2
am: ayutthaya elephant camp
evening: night tour ayuthaya ruins
day 3
am ayuthaya motorbike tour
pm back in bangkok, explore siam square
evening: dinner in silom or patpong

day 4
am thai cooking class in khaosan
pm chinatown
evening : 9 pm eapart for airport

do you think this is feasible?
also is there any way to get to ayutthaya from banglumphoo or khaosan rd without signing up for a tour? do you suggest we take the train or the van in victory monument? (anybody knows how much this would cost? i'm worried about how to get to the train station or v monument from our guesthouse. the owners said there is a bus stop in front of the guesthouse but im not sure if this bus would pass by vmonument or the train station. the guest house is called thamna hometaurant and it's located in Samsen rd between soi 3 and 5)

i wuld appreciate any help we can get.
thanks! :)

#1 bembot has been a member since 24/6/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by Tilapia on 19/8/2008 at 19:38

It looks like you have everything sorted out.

Unless you are going to take a boat to Ayuthaya, there's absolutely no reason to sign up for a tour. There are dozens of buses going there each day from Morchit, Bangkok's Northern Bus Terminal. But whenever I go, I take the train. You don't have to deal with traffic and it's very cheap.

You can get to the train station, or the bus station, by taxi. It's very inexpensive. From Samsen Soi 3 or 5 you'll be paying around 100B to get to the train station, and about 120B to get to Morchit. About $3 or $4.

Just so you know, Victory Monument is very close to where your guest house is. So is the water taxi, buses, and most of Bangkok's main temples. Definitely walking distance to all of them.

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,485
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by bembot on 20/8/2008 at 16:54

thank you tilapia! that's a relief to hear :) btw. did you know tilapia is the name of a very delicous fish here in the phils.? :)

#3 bembot has been a member since 24/6/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by Tilapia on 20/8/2008 at 19:40

Hi Bembot,

Yes, I knew that ... this is why I chose it as a username.

Have fun in Thailand.

#4 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,485
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by bembot on 21/8/2008 at 08:31

will do! thanks :)

#5 bembot has been a member since 24/6/2008. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.