Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

phi phi to singapore

• macdaisy

Joined Travelfish
    25th August, 2008

hi i was wondering if anyone can tell me how much time i should leave to go from phi phi to singapore as i am flying out from singapore and a time frame would be good. thanks

#1 Posted: 25/8/2008 - 21:42

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Last I heard, Tiger had cancelled its flights from Krabi to Singapore.
    But there are still plenty of flights from Phuket. It takes abt 2 hours on the ferry and the best part of an hour from the pier to Phuket airport. I'm guessing the flight is 90 minutes. So with check in time .......

For budget travel it's a pretty slow old trip.
    Several years ago I caught a minibus from Krabi around 9am, changed to a big coach in Hat Yai and landed in Singapore about 5am next morning! From where the bus termintated to the airport took only 30 minutes on Singapore's excellent metro.
    To leave from Krabi at 9am you need to catch the previous afternoon's ferry from Phi Phi.
    Chan Cha Ley guesthouse and River Hotel are 2 good inexpensive places in Krabi to overnight.

#2 Posted: 26/8/2008 - 10:29

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

If catching your flight to Singapore is very important (which it sounds like it is!) you should play it safe and spend the night on the mainland. I assume you're flying out from Phuket? In that case, take the ferry to Phuket from Phi-Phi and spend the night in Phuket Town. There's an airport bus that runs every 2 hours or so. The trip costs about 95B and takes a little less than 1 hour. Otherwise a taxi will cost about 600B.

You should show up for your flight to Singapore at least 1 hour in advance.

#3 Posted: 5/9/2008 - 23:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.