Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

First time traveling.

• danielhl

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2008

Hi.

This christmas my friend and I will go on a 4-5 month trip to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. I was curious as to how much money to budget for 5 months, and if anyone has some suggestion as to where to go etc. Looking for a relaxing 5 months. Might be a bit misplaced post but hey :)

thanks
    Daniel

#1 Posted: 26/8/2008 - 07:17

• Advertisement

• cookiepower

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2008

hi

it all depends on where you are planning on staying, if you are sharing a room, if you only want to stay in rooms with aircon and hot water it would probably double your budget.

£2000 pounds lasted me 5 months but i didnt really travel around much and mainly spent a lot of it partying i think the only advice i can say is work out the very minimum you think you will need and double it because spending the entire 5 months worrying about sticking exactly to a budget and is not relaxing i had to stick to a 500 thai baht a day budget including my rent which although i loved being there and am going back again end of october its nice to have a little splurge a couple of days a month

have a fantastic time

#2 Posted: 1/9/2008 - 17:26

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

try $1300 per month

#3 Posted: 1/9/2008 - 19:22

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

If you are a receptionist in a small hotel you'll live off about 3000 baht per mnot

If you are an English Teacher you will live on about 25k to 45k per month (baht).....

if you are a manager in a factory - 150k to 500k baht per month......

choose whichever lifestyle is closest to yours.....

#4 Posted: 3/9/2008 - 14:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.