Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

First time traveling.

Posted by danielhl on 26/8/2008 at 07:17

Hi.

This christmas my friend and I will go on a 4-5 month trip to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. I was curious as to how much money to budget for 5 months, and if anyone has some suggestion as to where to go etc. Looking for a relaxing 5 months. Might be a bit misplaced post but hey :)

thanks
Daniel

#1 danielhl has been a member since 26/8/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by cookiepower on 1/9/2008 at 17:26

hi

it all depends on where you are planning on staying, if you are sharing a room, if you only want to stay in rooms with aircon and hot water it would probably double your budget.

£2000 pounds lasted me 5 months but i didnt really travel around much and mainly spent a lot of it partying i think the only advice i can say is work out the very minimum you think you will need and double it because spending the entire 5 months worrying about sticking exactly to a budget and is not relaxing i had to stick to a 500 thai baht a day budget including my rent which although i loved being there and am going back again end of october its nice to have a little splurge a couple of days a month

have a fantastic time

#2 cookiepower has been a member since 12/7/2008. Posts: 19

Posted by travelrock on 1/9/2008 at 19:22

try $1300 per month

#3 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Posted by khunwilko on 3/9/2008 at 14:27

If you are a receptionist in a small hotel you'll live off about 3000 baht per mnot

If you are an English Teacher you will live on about 25k to 45k per month (baht).....

if you are a manager in a factory - 150k to 500k baht per month......

choose whichever lifestyle is closest to yours.....

#4 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.