Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

cambodia, laos, bangkok?

• robweintraub

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2008

I am planning on spending 4 days in Siem Riep/Angkor,and 4 days in luang prabang, should i cut these trips short a day to see bangkok for a day before flying home?Can i do anything in a day in bangkok?

#1 Posted: 29/8/2008 - 11:19

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

If you have one full day in Bangkok you can see several of the major sites without having to do much running around, AND (more importantly) get a few excellent meals into you before flying out. Probably even a massage.

The Temple of the Emerald Buddha/Royal Palace, Wat Pho, Flower Market, and Wat Arun are all within walking distance of each other (Wat Arun is a ferry ride across the river.)

If you aren't into temples, you can sort out a canal tour of Thonburi (do not let them take you to the Aligator Farm), a stroll through Chinatown, or you could hop on the water taxi and head up to Nonthaburi for a stroll around the market near the pier.

I think that aside from the temples, the best thing to do in a day in Bangkok is head to Samut Sakhon (Mahachai) on the Mahachai Shortline. Leave in the morning, check out the seafood markets, have a killer lunch next to the pedestrian ferry pier, and then head back to Bangkok. Trains leave about every hour and cost 10B.

I would not cut my time short in Siem Reap or Luang Prabang. But that's just me.

#2 Posted: 29/8/2008 - 19:35

• robweintraub

Joined Travelfish
    29th August, 2008

Wow! You are good. Thanks for the info, I think maybe i'll just stay in siem reap and luang prabang based on your suggestion.

#3 Posted: 29/8/2008 - 21:31

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Thanks ... but don't get me wrong. I love Bangkok. It is definitely a city worth seeing.

#4 Posted: 29/8/2008 - 23:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.