Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Sak-Yant Sacred Tattoo Artists in Thailand

Posted by rsthomas on 30/8/2008 at 13:01

Hey guys...I am looking for a great recommendation for a tattoo master or monk to give me a sacred Sak Yant tattoo. I was referred to Arjan Noo (Angelina Jolie's artist), but he is way too expensive at $1000 U.S. I also heard of a guy named Arjan Sua, but cannot find his contact details anywhere. I am not interested in the tattoo temple just outside of Bangkok because they do mass tattoos in big groups and it is hardly sterile. If you have any details on any masters in and around Bangkok, please let me know. Thank you so much!

#1 rsthomas has been a member since 7/7/2008. Posts: 12

Posted by baharryy on 5/3/2009 at 00:10

hey we are going on Sunday..Any update on the question above?

thank youu

#2 baharryy has been a member since 5/3/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by mrparanoid on 5/3/2009 at 15:22

It has never been proved that you can get HIV from tattoo needles or the sticks they use in temples. On the contrary it is believed to be impossible. And no Monk tattooists use sterile equipment. They all use the same methods. I agree about not doing it where they do the mass tattooing though as there is a bigger chance the tattoo will not look good as he hurries to get every tattoo done.

#3 mrparanoid has been a member since 2/6/2008. Posts: 35

Posted by baharryy on 5/3/2009 at 18:31

I have done some more reading and lots of people are suggesting One on Lonely Beach in Ko Chang..

#4 baharryy has been a member since 5/3/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.