Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Sak-Yant Sacred Tattoo Artists in Thailand

• rsthomas

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2008

Hey guys...I am looking for a great recommendation for a tattoo master or monk to give me a sacred Sak Yant tattoo. I was referred to Arjan Noo (Angelina Jolie's artist), but he is way too expensive at $1000 U.S. I also heard of a guy named Arjan Sua, but cannot find his contact details anywhere. I am not interested in the tattoo temple just outside of Bangkok because they do mass tattoos in big groups and it is hardly sterile. If you have any details on any masters in and around Bangkok, please let me know. Thank you so much!

#1 Posted: 30/8/2008 - 13:01

• Advertisement

• baharryy

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009

hey we are going on Sunday..Any update on the question above?

thank youu

#2 Posted: 5/3/2009 - 00:10

• mrparanoid

Joined Travelfish
    2nd June, 2008

It has never been proved that you can get HIV from tattoo needles or the sticks they use in temples. On the contrary it is believed to be impossible. And no Monk tattooists use sterile equipment. They all use the same methods. I agree about not doing it where they do the mass tattooing though as there is a bigger chance the tattoo will not look good as he hurries to get every tattoo done.

#3 Posted: 5/3/2009 - 15:22

• baharryy

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009

I have done some more reading and lots of people are suggesting One on Lonely Beach in Ko Chang..

#4 Posted: 5/3/2009 - 18:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sak Yant Tattoo ... By lostintime on 10 Nov 2013 1 999 10 Nov 2013
Traditional Thai Tattoo/ Sak Yant ... By soontobewrldtrv on 22 May 2012 3 2217 4 Jul 2012
Tattoo artists in Bangkok? ... By time2fly on 26 Jan 2012 11 11313 2 Jun 2013