Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok hotels

• wallas

Joined Travelfish
    15th August, 2008
    Location United Kingdom

Hello all, my first stop on my 6 month travels will be Bangkok on 29th Dec. I will be travelling on my own. I intend to stay in Bangkok for New Year and then head to a beach resort for the remainder of my stay.

I need a hotel in central BK close to bars/restaurants that has a gym, big outdoor pool, decent rooms and a good hotel bar and wi-fi.

Price wise about £50 - 3000 baht (is that about right) a night.

I am looking on the web but thought someone on here might have a good suggestion.

I'm a 33yr old male on my way to Japan to snowboard for 3/4 months. If anyone else is on their own over New Year, let me know - i'll need a drinking partner.

Cheers Chris

#1 Posted: 4/9/2008 - 17:01

• Advertisement

• wendo

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2008

I found www.wotif.com quite useful in my travels around asia. You can get some great last minute deals including breakfast.

I stayed in sukumvit area, chinatown area and kao san (sorry don't have time to spell them properly) Viengtai in Khao San was quite good and very reasonable with pool, restaurant and bar and wifi. However walked to most of the bars a couple of blocks away in actual khao san road.

They also gave us early check in at no extra charge.

#2 Posted: 6/9/2008 - 06:05

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

You should be able to get a pretty nice room for 3000B!

My budget is usually a lot lower when I'm in Bangkok so I don't have any personal recommendations, but I am a fan of www.asiarooms.com for nice hotel rooms at a good discount.

#3 Posted: 6/9/2008 - 08:26

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Oh - and as for which area of the city it sounds like you'd enjoy Silom or Sukhumvit - they're very central and have the upper-range facilities you're looking for rather than Koh San which caters more to backpackers.

#4 Posted: 6/9/2008 - 08:31

• TheSnowQueen

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2006

If you want to be in the throbbing heart of things, try the Buddy Lodge Hotel in Khao San Road - it's fab! rooftop swimming pool and magnificent buffet breakfast, plus internet access in your room if you've a PC with you. We've stayed there twice and can't rate it highly enough.

#5 Posted: 8/9/2008 - 05:47

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

3000 baht is a lot. you can get 4 star discounts for 1600 baht.

#6 Posted: 8/9/2008 - 11:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.