Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok hotels

Posted by wallas on 4/9/2008 at 17:01

Hello all, my first stop on my 6 month travels will be Bangkok on 29th Dec. I will be travelling on my own. I intend to stay in Bangkok for New Year and then head to a beach resort for the remainder of my stay.

I need a hotel in central BK close to bars/restaurants that has a gym, big outdoor pool, decent rooms and a good hotel bar and wi-fi.

Price wise about £50 - 3000 baht (is that about right) a night.

I am looking on the web but thought someone on here might have a good suggestion.

I'm a 33yr old male on my way to Japan to snowboard for 3/4 months. If anyone else is on their own over New Year, let me know - i'll need a drinking partner.

Cheers Chris

#1 wallas has been a member since 15/8/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 8

Posted by wendo on 6/9/2008 at 06:05

I found www.wotif.com quite useful in my travels around asia. You can get some great last minute deals including breakfast.

I stayed in sukumvit area, chinatown area and kao san (sorry don't have time to spell them properly) Viengtai in Khao San was quite good and very reasonable with pool, restaurant and bar and wifi. However walked to most of the bars a couple of blocks away in actual khao san road.

They also gave us early check in at no extra charge.

#2 wendo has been a member since 14/8/2008. Posts: 10

Posted by idreamofdurian on 6/9/2008 at 08:26 TF writer

You should be able to get a pretty nice room for 3000B!

My budget is usually a lot lower when I'm in Bangkok so I don't have any personal recommendations, but I am a fan of www.asiarooms.com for nice hotel rooms at a good discount.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by idreamofdurian on 6/9/2008 at 08:31 TF writer

Oh - and as for which area of the city it sounds like you'd enjoy Silom or Sukhumvit - they're very central and have the upper-range facilities you're looking for rather than Koh San which caters more to backpackers.

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by TheSnowQueen on 8/9/2008 at 05:47

If you want to be in the throbbing heart of things, try the Buddy Lodge Hotel in Khao San Road - it's fab! rooftop swimming pool and magnificent buffet breakfast, plus internet access in your room if you've a PC with you. We've stayed there twice and can't rate it highly enough.

#5 TheSnowQueen has been a member since 16/10/2006. Posts: 24
 Website 

Posted by travelrock on 8/9/2008 at 11:32

3000 baht is a lot. you can get 4 star discounts for 1600 baht.

#6 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.