Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chilled / relaxed resort on Koh Tao with Diving available

• bobjim

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2008

Hi

I am looking for a chilled relaxed resort away from the main beach and crowds but also with a dive school at the resort.. If anyone has a good recomdation please let me know, Also how busy is Koh Tao at the beginning of October thanks for any info

Thks

#1 Posted: 9/9/2008 - 05:55

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Have you looked at the KoTao section of the site? There's sub sections for the individual beaches...

October will be fairly busy, but as November has the poorest conditions for divers, the trade will be dropping off a little.

#2 Posted: 9/9/2008 - 06:43

• bobjim

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2008

Yep was looking at the Ko Tao section, this is where I found Black Tip Resort 2 years ago when I was there which I found perfect but they where Upgrading last time I was there and kind of looking for something similar to there resort 2 years ago it looks a bit much now with jet sking and wake boarding etc also available

#3 Posted: 9/9/2008 - 07:00

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Bob,

Perhaps around the southeast corner of the island -- somewhere like Sai Thong is a very chilled out spot, and I believe there's a dive shop affiliated with them...

#4 Posted: 9/9/2008 - 07:04

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

Bobjim, I'd recommend southern part of island - Chalok bay. Black Tip is a good place, but very hard to reach. I thing, sometimes you will want to visit shops / internet-cafe etc :)
    I stayed in Chalok in the May 2005. Quiet place, but with 7-11 and all the amenities. Concerning diveshop, I can recommend Stingray Divers (situated on Chalok). I taken AOWD, deep diver course and several fun dives from them, while staying in nearest J.P. Resort :)

#5 Posted: 12/9/2008 - 11:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.