Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Lanta for single traveller

• wallas

Joined Travelfish
    15th August, 2008
    Location United Kingdom

Posted on: today, 22:06 Save
    Hello, i'll be spending 3 nights in Phi Phi for New Year meeting up with some friends then i will be moving onto Koh Lanta for 7 nights.

I'll be on my own (33 single guy) i'm looking for the best beach to stay on. Good accomodation, up to 2500 baht a night and some decent nightlife, nothing seedy, just some busy bars.

Will i be best to book my accomodation if arriving on or around the 3/4 th January ? Will places get booked up ?

Thanks for any replies.

Chris

#1 Posted: 21/9/2008 - 04:23

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Chris, Klong Dao is the most populated beach on Lanta. Long beach the next one south I believe is a better beach,especially the northern end. There's lots of casurina trees for shade etc. At that time of year you might be better to book if you decide on a specific place. I stayed at Sayang Beach resort last march which is about in your price range, Had a great a/c bungalow right on the beach.Family run operation with fantastic food.Night time it's easy enough to get a songthaew to Klong Dao where there are plenty of beach bars,with cushions on the sand great music very relaxing.We really enjoyed our week there.Any questions ask away
    Regards

#2 Posted: 21/9/2008 - 07:26

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I'm another fan of Long Beach when it comes to a nice beach with a bit of nightlife. Heaps of good places along the beach - you might google for Lanta Palm Beach for one.

#3 Posted: 21/9/2008 - 17:10

• wallas

Joined Travelfish
    15th August, 2008
    Location United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies, i'm just going through some reviews on places to stay.

Will there be other single travellers around or is this more a couples and family place ?

I'm not sad and and lonely, honest !! This is my first stop on my way to Japan to go snowboarding for the season, i just need some beach time before i hit the mountains.

Thanks again, any more info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 21/9/2008 - 20:37

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Sure to be a lot of singles at Long Beach and the other popular beaches that time of year.

#5 Posted: 24/9/2008 - 19:06

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

lots of single? no, tezza is talking nonsense.

When I stayed on Lanta (twice) ghere were hardly any singles. It's a couples island with little nightlife and little to do. 7 nights you would be bored outta your mind.

I went there single and was bored after 2n. I went there with my wife and lasted 4n.

#6 Posted: 25/9/2008 - 08:31

• wallas

Joined Travelfish
    15th August, 2008
    Location United Kingdom

Cheers Travelrock,

Which resort/island would you recommend for me ? Would i be best staying on Phi Phi or Railay Beach ?

Is Koh Samet worth a visit ?

Any resorts on Phuket worth a visit ? Apart from Patong, i wasn't a fan, although my last visit was 8yrs ago.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

#7 Posted: 29/9/2008 - 20:09

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

Samet is ok but not really for singles either.

Depends what you want to do.

If you want to hang out with other backpackers and drink then Haad Rin on Koh Phan Ngan is the place to go. I hated the place but some like it and plenty of people to drink with.

Samui is another option to meet people.

Phi Phi and Railay are busy places where you could meet people and drink. The party scene is a bit of a wank I thought but some people like it.

The quieter islands are good for couples or if you want to lay around and relax.

Koh Chang is another option. Fairly low key nightlife but enough to keep you interested and it's a lot better than Lanta IMO. It's a long way from the south though.

#8 Posted: 30/9/2008 - 10:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cheap places to stay for single traveller in Railay and Ko Lanta ... By madSEM on 19 Jan 2010 3 5053 20 Jan 2010
Female Single Traveller ... By twiggie_toni on 1 Sep 2010 4 3439 2 Sep 2010
which island for a single female traveller? ... By misskismet on 27 Sep 2008 9 3669 8 Oct 2008
Is it safe in Battambang for single female traveller? ... By orionarrow on 30 Dec 2008 6 5754 5 Nov 2010