Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Need HELP finding rooms in Koh Samui in late Dec!!

• clb76

Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2008

Hi!
    I am traveling through Thailand late Dec - Jan. This is my first time in Thailand! Very excited but starting to worry it might be difficult to get a room this time of year!
    I am starting in Bangkok, then Chiang Mia, then hopefully to Koh Samui and then Back to Bangkok for NYE.
    I am having a difficult time finding a room in Koh Samui! I will be there Dec 26-29 and most places are telling me I need a 7-day minimum. A couple of questions:
    1. Which part of the island is best for a solo traveler (31 year old female)? Nothing seedy --- but definately want to meet other travelers. But also looking for some quiet time as well...
    2. My budget is $80 a night ($100 max!)
    3. Any site, restaurants that are a must??
    Any help would be great!!
    Thanks everyone!
    Carrie

#1 Posted: 21/9/2008 - 23:51

• Advertisement

• cactusjoe

Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2008

I don't think your budget is unreasonable I have a room for 2100 baht in Kho Samui. I will be in Fishermans village. did you try asia rooms etc.?

#2 Posted: 22/9/2008 - 10:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.