Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel from Trang to Phuket

• katchakeepah

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2008

I will am trying to plan a trip in January an am thinking about visiting Trang. I found a flight from Bangkok to Trang, but I can not find a flight from Trang to Phuket. Any suggestions? train? ferry?

#1 Posted: 23/9/2008 - 02:54

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Trang and Phuket are not very far apart so there are no flights between the 2 cities.

They are not connected by train (there is no train service to Phuket). There are lots and lots of buses that make the trip from Trang to Phuket (via Krabi)

You can also fly from Bangkok to Phuket (it's likely cheaper - check www.airasia.com or www.tigerair.com) and then take the bus to Krabi.

#2 Posted: 23/9/2008 - 22:49

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Trang is a nice town to stay a night or two, but isn't really a tourist destination in itself. There are some waterfalls and caves in the surrounding hinterland and the Trang coast has some nice areas - but the main attraction is the Trang islands - Muk, Ngai, Kradan, Libong, Sukorn, Lao Liang etc - which are real nice and have some neat places to stay.

Assuming you visit one of the islands, it is actually possible to island-hop from quite a few of these back to Phuket. What you need is the Tigerline, Lanta daytrip boat or SPB speedboat back to Ko Lanta and then the regular ferries to Phuket by way of Phi Phi. Some real nice places to stop off along the way.

#3 Posted: 24/9/2008 - 18:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.