Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Postal options?

• kendire

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2008

I might be going to Thailand next year for 2 or 3 weeks, and while I won't be necessarily be backpacking, I want to keep things light and hopefully bring only 1 piece of luggage. I'd like to mail home any souvenirs etc. that I buy during the trip. Where can I find information on postage rates, and what kind of stuff is prohibited? I don't want to leave with twice as much stuff as I arrived with, but I don't want to have any of my packages returned or thrown away or anything. How is the U.S. with foreign packages? I'm sure I can't ship home any food, for example, but does anyone know of a web site that addresses this issue?

Thanks,
    Kendire

#1 Posted: 23/9/2008 - 12:09

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

The postal system is Thailand is pretty good (and cheap!) so you could go to any post office. I've used a courier before - think it was DHL or UPS - in bangkok near burgerking at the end of khao san road.

Dont think you can take out antiques or old buddha images but you should be fine with some souvenirs bought at markets/shopping centres.

#2 Posted: 25/9/2008 - 16:37

• janinparis

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2008

Check the prices and really think it's expensive

#3 Posted: 3/10/2008 - 17:14

• nedz

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

Not your answer But.......
    If traveling for a while.
    Within Thailand post is cheap and trustworthy. i post to myself form bangkok up north on arrival, and tour around with a small pack for a coupple of weeks this time samui way. i also post back to my self parcels to wherever i fly out from. send express and allow time to pick it up.
    Post international is expensive. gos up in 500 gram increments dont know what it is to the U.S.
    only buy light weight
    Nedzx

#4 Posted: 6/10/2008 - 12:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.