Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Southern Thailand in November

• TBone

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2008
    Location New Zealand

I plan to visit Koh Tao & Koh Pha Ngan then across to Krabi, Koh Lanta & Koh Lipe in November, after looking at the travelfish weather map Im a bit concerned its going to be absolutely pissing with rain, Im not a scuba diver however would like to do some snorkelling and generally lazing around beaches, am I better of heading over Pattaya, Trat, Koh Chang way?

#1 Posted: 23/9/2008 - 20:46

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

November does tend to be wetter in the Tao/Phangan/Samui area.
    However November normally sees the wet season ending and (later) ended in other areas.

Statistically (check TRAVELFISH'S great map) and anecdotally it seems to end earlier in the eastern Gulf than the Andaman.
    I really like Ko Samet and big Ko Chang - but note they aint good snorkelling-off-the-beach islands. But Ko Whai, south of Chang is - it is a neat island to stay on and can also be visited along with some other good snorkelling spots nearby on daytrips from Chang.

I'm a bit of a fan of the Andaman in November - I've done several trips then and got lots of sunshine along with short storms every second or third day - I'm off there again this Nov. Good snorkelling off the beach at Phi Phi, Ko Ngai, Ko Kradan, Ko Bulon Lae and Ko Lipe.

Pattaya is great if you want to chase rent boys/girls - but aint too hot for nice beaches and snorkelling.

#2 Posted: 24/9/2008 - 19:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel Route From North Thailand to Southern Islands in October and November ... By xgeneration on 9 Aug 2012 31 2869 13 Aug 2012
Southern Andaman Islands in late November ... By kraver_alex on 11 Jun 2009 2 2306 12 Jun 2009