Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

New Year on Koh Chang

• lauraandmark

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2008

Hi,

I'm more than likely going to be on Koh Chang for New Years eve but probably arriving on the 30th December - Will all accomodation be pretty much booked, will i still get a budget room? Has anyone been on Koh Chang for xmas/new year that could maybe give us some info.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 26/9/2008 - 15:50

• Advertisement

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

You will so need to book especially for your first night or two.
    just get anywhere you can and then maybe look around.

I spend Xmas / New Year most years there and I've sat and watched as people sat in my friends bar ringing round resorts one by one trying to get a room.

New year is a Thai holiday too so everywhere gets crowded out.

#2 Posted: 28/9/2008 - 21:56

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I lobbed there in late Jan this year, went to a less known - less visited area, Bai Lan, walked into one of the places praised here on TRAVELLFISH - it was full, as was its neighbour. I eventually found a place after a bit of walking.
    So if I was arriving New Year, yeah I would most definitely book.

#3 Posted: 29/9/2008 - 12:07

• lauraandmark

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2008

thanks all we have booked a hostel - the sunflower to stay in now hope its okay if not we will be out enjoying ourselves too much to notice!

#4 Posted: 29/9/2008 - 16:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.