Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

New Year on Koh Chang

Posted by lauraandmark on 26/9/2008 at 15:50

Hi,

I'm more than likely going to be on Koh Chang for New Years eve but probably arriving on the 30th December - Will all accomodation be pretty much booked, will i still get a budget room? Has anyone been on Koh Chang for xmas/new year that could maybe give us some info.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

#1 lauraandmark has been a member since 4/9/2008. Posts: 21

Posted by khunwilko on 28/9/2008 at 21:56

You will so need to book especially for your first night or two.
just get anywhere you can and then maybe look around.

I spend Xmas / New Year most years there and I've sat and watched as people sat in my friends bar ringing round resorts one by one trying to get a room.

New year is a Thai holiday too so everywhere gets crowded out.

#2 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Posted by tezza on 29/9/2008 at 12:07

I lobbed there in late Jan this year, went to a less known - less visited area, Bai Lan, walked into one of the places praised here on TRAVELLFISH - it was full, as was its neighbour. I eventually found a place after a bit of walking.
So if I was arriving New Year, yeah I would most definitely book.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by lauraandmark on 29/9/2008 at 16:28

thanks all we have booked a hostel - the sunflower to stay in now hope its okay if not we will be out enjoying ourselves too much to notice!

#4 lauraandmark has been a member since 4/9/2008. Posts: 21

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.