Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand/Laos honeymoon Dec./Jan.

• arieltarr

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2008

Hello,

I'd like some feedback on my possible itinerary from seasoned travelers. My husband and I will be honey-mooning in Thailand and possibly Laos. We'd like a mixture of culture/adventure and relaxation/beaches. I've looked at many sample itineraries and find they're more geared towards backpackers with lots of time and often require packing up every 2 days. I like the idea of staying in 4-5 different places and doing day trips out of each place. We'll be there for 20 nights right during peak season (Dec. 25-Jan. 14th). Since this is peak season, we plan on booking everything ahead of time instead of just going with the flow. We'd like nice accommodation and are willing to pay on average $100 a night. Any suggestions are most welcomed. This itinerary is based on being able to afford flying with the Discovery airpass, however I have yet to get the price on that. If flying everywhere is out of our budget, we may have to change our plans. I'd like to know whether you find this itinerary realistic. Any suggestions for day trips would be welcome! As well, does anyone know whether it's standard practice for hotels to require 5 nights stay during peak season? As well, I heard Chiang Mai around New Year's is extremely crowded.

Thanks!

Dec. 25 - arrive Bangkok
    Dec. 26-27 - Bangkok
    Dec. 28 - head to Luang Prabang
    Dec.29 - Jan. 1 - Luang Prabang
    Jan. 2 - head to Chiang Mai
    Jan.3-5 - Chiang Mai
    Jan. 6th - head south (Krabi)
    Jan. 7-9th - either Ko Lanta, Ko Yai Noi or Railay Beach
    Jan. 10 - head to Ko Kradan
    Jan. 11-13 - Ko Kradan
    Jan. 14th - depart

#1 Posted: 6/10/2008 - 05:30

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

DAMN! I just wrote a whole thing here and bloody lost it all with the back button!!! :(

So sorry for the short answer now but I think your plans might work ok. I cant see any reason why they wouldn't. I do think you are trying to do too much in a short time and may end up wishing you had more time.

I would consider changing the end slightly and just going to AO Nang in Krabi and from here you can visit islands (ko gai, podo, phi phi ect..) abd then do less travelling and more exploring.

Good luck,

#2 Posted: 6/10/2008 - 14:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.