Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Looking for a nice small island like Koh Lipe

Posted by wessatong on 7/10/2008 at 10:11

Okay, I know it's a silly request since I should just go back to Koh Lipe, but I was wondering if there are any other islands as cool as Lipe which I can check out this December. Something that is small, has only about 3-5 beaches, is not too overpopulated or touristy, and decent sand and water quality. Is that too much to ask? Or should I just return to the paradise that is Lipe, content in the fact that it's one-of-a-kind?

#1 wessatong has been a member since 4/3/2008. Posts: 14

Posted by tezza on 8/10/2008 at 18:37

Ko Bulon Lae, Ko Libong, Ko Kradan, Ko Ngai, Ko Jum, Ko Phayam, little Ko Chang Andaman side, Ko Whai, Ko Mak.
Lipe has had a fair amount of growth in recent years - according to reports has been real busy in Dec, Jan, Feb - I visited in shoulder season and found it pretty relaxed.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by aonangmike on 22/10/2008 at 13:28

even smaller, less people but better activities?
Laoliang Island. only one beach, never more than 60 guestsl great climbing, diving, snorkeling and kayaking

#3 aonangmike has been a member since 10/9/2008. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.