Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Leaving next week

• mic59

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2008
    Total reviews: 5

I'm going to Thailand on 15th Oct. If anyone can give me a few more tips on what to do I'd appreciate it. At the moment I'm intending to go to Chiang Mai, Soppong, Tham Lod, Nan, Nong Khai and then finish up at a beach, possibly Ban Saphan Yai. I've got 6 weeks, is there anywhere else I should consider? Remembering this is a holiday and I don't want to be rushing around trying to catch connecting buses with a minute to spare.

#1 Posted: 7/10/2008 - 18:02

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I've got a fair amount of info on beaches and islands in the first link below which may be of assistance to you. Unfortunately nothing on Ban Saphan which I haven't visited, but I'm sure there is a fairly recent thread downpage with a lot of good info. Sounds like a real nice alternative to me.

#2 Posted: 8/10/2008 - 18:33

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hi,
    Bang Saphan is a really nice unspoilt and fairly unknown place in Thailand. There’s not a great deal to do there but that’s what you go for. :) Rent a moped and explore if thats possible.

While in Chiang Mai you could take a day trip to Mae Teang and Chang Dao (elephants/rivers/hill tribes/caves/views) and if you had plenty of time Doi Inthanon is a good day out too.

Not sure what’s to do in Nong Kai and I have only been there when crossing into Loas.

You don’t mention Bangkok but I will assume you will at least be passing through on the way South. I would recommend Bangkok as a city and also a day trip to Ayuthayya - AMAZING PLACE! (if you like old temples and that)

Also Kanchanaburi is a really interesting place - Bridge over river Kwai, death railway and Erawan national park to name but a few attractions.

Let us know if you have any more specific questions and have a great trip!

Ant.

#3 Posted: 9/10/2008 - 15:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
HELP NEED MONEY ADVICE. LEAVING FOR ASIA IN A WEEK. ... By scl on 22 Jun 2010 2 2356 26 Jun 2010
leaving in a week- looking for feedback on final routing! ... By Seba on 7 Oct 2009 2 1775 7 Oct 2009