Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Full Moon Party accomodation?

Posted by huggomartini on 17/10/2008 at 06:16

Hi there, I'm going to Thailand in 6 weeks, December 12 I'll be in Full Moon Party in Ko Phangan and I would like to know if it's better to book a room or if I can do that 4 days before in local?
Thanks in advance

#1 huggomartini has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 17

Posted by tezza on 17/10/2008 at 09:13

This depends a bit on where you want to stay.
If it is at Hat Rin itself, places which can be booked online often fill up a fair bit before the party. Note that a lot of these places have a 3 or 4 night minimum stay around party time.
But there are plenty of cheaper places around Hat Rin that cannot be booked online - some of these are solely walk-in. At real popular times these can fill too and it can be a search to find a vacancy.

A lot of party people stay at other beaches and travel to the party. Bookings and vacancies (plus prices) tend to be better at these places - and they are genearally nicer locations too.
Transport to Hat Rin is laid on from beaches all over the island on party night. Only problem is getting back to some of these beaches in the early hours - the Hat Rin transport mafia can charge an arm and a leg. No problems for typical party attendees who like to see in sunrise.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/10/2008 at 09:35 admin

Here's a story on the question of booking accommodation over the Full Moon Party

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,504
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 17/10/2008 at 15:01

Hi, I would book ahead if you can and want to stay near Had Rin. Personally I like the other side of the island and as Tezza says, you get a ride to the party beach.

You should be able to get a ride back aswell but remember to save enough money coz they basically charge what they want!

Have fun.

#4 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Posted by huggomartini on 17/10/2008 at 15:16

Thanks Tezza I'm a frequent reader of your blog. Thanks somtam2000 for your tip. I think I'm book only there and I'll go to some place around Hat Rin like Thong Nai Pan Noi or Thong Nai Pan Yai.

#5 huggomartini has been a member since 14/1/2008. Posts: 17

Posted by cookiepower on 20/10/2008 at 20:10

I'll have to admit if you're looking for a party for a week over full moon you're better off staying in haad rin as the taxi to the otherside of the island would cost a fortune over a week but if you're only going for the full moon then definitely stay on the other side of the island or stay down by the pier end which is a lot quieter

#6 cookiepower has been a member since 12/7/2008. Posts: 19

Posted by saksham on 8/3/2012 at 09:18

Hey Guys,
I am traveling to thailand in the first half of april. I also plan to attend the full moon party on 6th april.... As of now i dont have any accommodation throughout the span of my trip.
So guys, can you assist me with the accomodation..... I am really looking forward to some help here as i would be travelling alone...

#7 saksham has been a member since 8/3/2012. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.