Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Pai to Luang Prabang to .........?

Posted by mic59 on 22/10/2008 at 19:19

I am currently in Pai one week into a 6-week holiday. I intend to stay a week in Soppong and Tham Lod and then return to Pai where I have purchased an open ticket to Luang Prabang. Slow boat so I would assume I would get to Luang Prabang by about 1st November. Is there a way to get directly back into Thailand as I would like to be in Nong Khai to see Loy Kratong on 12 November. All I have seen so far is that you can take a plane to Bangkok and I would prefer not to have to do that. Apart from the expense I prefer to go overland when holidaying.
Or if there was a bus to Chanthaburi or Trat province that would help, I could give Loy Kratong a miss and bum out on a beach somewhere.

#1 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Posted by Tilapia on 23/10/2008 at 00:14

If you want to go to Nong Khai and would prefer to go overland, then just take a bus from LP to Vientiane and cross the Friendship Bridge.

You can also fly from LP to Vientiane . Absolutely no reason to go to Bangkok first. How come you have to return to Pai to get to LP? Did you buy a package deal?

Why don't you go to Nong Khai for the holiday AND bum out on a beach afterwards?

#2 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,491
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Posted by mic59 on 24/10/2008 at 17:15

Thanks Tilapia. I didn't reaise how close Nong Khai was to Vientiane so now I won't have to miss out on Loy Kratong or the Chinese festival there either. I'm taking the trip from Pai as I bought it from an agency while I was staying in Pai . The trip does not require a return to Chiang Mai but puts you on a minibus to Chiang Khong and then the boat to Luang Prabang.

#3 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.