Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Pai to Luang Prabang to .........?

• mic59

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2008
    Total reviews: 5

I am currently in Pai one week into a 6-week holiday. I intend to stay a week in Soppong and Tham Lod and then return to Pai where I have purchased an open ticket to Luang Prabang. Slow boat so I would assume I would get to Luang Prabang by about 1st November. Is there a way to get directly back into Thailand as I would like to be in Nong Khai to see Loy Kratong on 12 November. All I have seen so far is that you can take a plane to Bangkok and I would prefer not to have to do that. Apart from the expense I prefer to go overland when holidaying.
    Or if there was a bus to Chanthaburi or Trat province that would help, I could give Loy Kratong a miss and bum out on a beach somewhere.

#1 Posted: 22/10/2008 - 19:19

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you want to go to Nong Khai and would prefer to go overland, then just take a bus from LP to Vientiane and cross the Friendship Bridge.

You can also fly from LP to Vientiane . Absolutely no reason to go to Bangkok first. How come you have to return to Pai to get to LP? Did you buy a package deal?

Why don't you go to Nong Khai for the holiday AND bum out on a beach afterwards?

#2 Posted: 23/10/2008 - 00:14

• mic59

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2008
    Total reviews: 5

Thanks Tilapia. I didn't reaise how close Nong Khai was to Vientiane so now I won't have to miss out on Loy Kratong or the Chinese festival there either. I'm taking the trip from Pai as I bought it from an agency while I was staying in Pai . The trip does not require a return to Chiang Mai but puts you on a minibus to Chiang Khong and then the boat to Luang Prabang.

#3 Posted: 24/10/2008 - 17:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9497 19 Aug 2011