Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Help - stuck in Pai...ideas for a few days

• kramer05

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2008

Hello everyone!

I am currently in Pai. My friends and I fly out of Bangkok on Thurs. morning.

We wanted to relax on a beach (ko samet or phuket or something) from Mon - Wed but there are no flights from Chiang Mai down south on Sunday because of the national holiday.

We would love to do something on a beach near Bangkok or something relaxing in between Pai and Bangkok in the next few days. (Leaving Pai on Monday morning or Sunday night.)

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. We are feeling quite stuck.
    Thank you much!

#1 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 10:23

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

A few destinations off the top of my head: Chiang Dao (trekking and hanging out + a LOT of eating at ChiangDao nest) Soppong (half way between Pai and Chiang Mai -- a terrific spot). Working south towards Bkk -- both Sukhothai and Ayutthaya are great.

lastly, if you really wanted to get to Ko Samet, am sure you can get some kinda tourist minibus contraption from Pai overnight straight to Bangkok and then head to Eastern Bus station -- you should be on Samet in time for a late lunch... if you make it I recommend the spicy fish at Tub Tim Bungalows -- awesome.

#2 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 14:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.