Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Places to stay in Ko Phi Phi

• flopsydaisy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2008

I'm going to Ko Phi Phi on Monday 10th November. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay? My budget is probably the slightly higher side of budget. Having a clean place with air con and a shower is important.

Also is it wise to book ahead of time or can I just turn up?

Any advice would be great. Thanks

#1 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 19:05

• Advertisement

• jafatravel

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2008

I'd suggest Paradise Resort on Long Beach (http://www.paradiseresort.co.th) I love Long Beach . Great to chill out through the day on a beautiful beach. Away from the major tourist area. But still a short 10 minute long tail boat ride to town.

I would book ahead but I think you'd be ok.

cheers
    Eddie

#2 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 19:20

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

The trouble with Phi Phi is that budget bungalows go for what we normally regard as (more than) slightly above budget at most other islands.

Even in Nov you will be pushing to get non-aircon below 1000 - actually most fan bungalows are not below this when high season really cranks up.

If access to town and the party scene is not important, have a look at TRAVELFISH'S Phi Phi bungalwow reviews for Relax Resort on its own nice little beach on the laid back east coast.
    Also praised in those reviews is nearby Toh Koh Resort - when I visited some time pack owner Pon told me the new bungalow being built was to ba aircon.

Long Beach is a good location. I stayed LOW season last year at Paradise Resort for 1400baht a night - got some shots (and a fair few of Ao Toh Koh) and more info in the link below.
    Adjacent Paradise Pearl is very similar to Paradise.

I think the cheapest aircon bungalows on Long Beach will be at Phi Phi Hill. Avoid if you don't like steep steps, go if you love panoramic views when dining.

#3 Posted: 9/11/2008 - 08:18

• bareman

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2010

you can find the Phi Phi Guide at : http://phi-phi.org

cheers
    John

#4 Posted: 13/12/2010 - 13:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.