Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

From Koh Phi Phi To Koh Lanta

Posted by curly on 11/11/2008 at 10:42

Hello Guys,

Pls advise if you can.

I'm on a 2 week holiday in Phuket. Will be traveling to Koh Phi Phi first, then to Koh Lanta for a week.

Is this a good route? I'll be staying at Ao To Koh in Koh phi phi, but can't seem to look for a good recommendation to stay in Koh Lanta. Pls advise!

I love to snorkel.. a resort/hut near a good snorkelling spot would be ideal. Pls help! Thanks

#1 curly has been a member since 11/11/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by swag on 11/11/2008 at 11:12

HI have a look at the Lanta accommodation section on this site. I prefer the second beach called Long Beach as the beach seems a bit better. Easy to catch a songthaew into the main beach area for bbq's bars etc at night.Depending on your budget I have stayed at Sayang beach resort which we found to be great.As far as snorkelling you are probably better to hook with a dive boat out of Lanta town as they go to all the great spots and snorkellers are more than welcome. I used Lanta Divers for scuba trips but there were a few non divers and this was a well run operation.
Regards

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by curly on 11/11/2008 at 15:20

Hi Swag, Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely check out this spot.

Btw, may i know if you have any idea where to get cheaper boat trip rides from Ko Lanta to Phuket Airport? I noticed that some resorts are charging about US $180! That's expensive ya?

#3 curly has been a member since 11/11/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by swag on 12/11/2008 at 04:58

Hi have a look at tigerline travel on the web.They run ferries down this part of the coast.I know they do Lanta to Phi Phi ferry for about 500thb. Maybe a travel agent in Phuket can put you onto a passenger ferry for Phuket to Phi Phi. US $180 is way too much.Or you can get a shared minivan from Lanta to Krabi then onforward by road to Phuket. Good luck
Swag

#4 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Posted by curly on 12/11/2008 at 08:58

Thanks again Swag! Really appreciate your help! =D

#5 curly has been a member since 11/11/2008. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.