Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

From Koh Phi Phi To Koh Lanta

• curly

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2008

Hello Guys,

Pls advise if you can.

I'm on a 2 week holiday in Phuket. Will be traveling to Koh Phi Phi first, then to Koh Lanta for a week.

Is this a good route? I'll be staying at Ao To Koh in Koh phi phi, but can't seem to look for a good recommendation to stay in Koh Lanta. Pls advise!

I love to snorkel.. a resort/hut near a good snorkelling spot would be ideal. Pls help! Thanks

#1 Posted: 11/11/2008 - 10:42

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

HI have a look at the Lanta accommodation section on this site. I prefer the second beach called Long Beach as the beach seems a bit better. Easy to catch a songthaew into the main beach area for bbq's bars etc at night.Depending on your budget I have stayed at Sayang beach resort which we found to be great.As far as snorkelling you are probably better to hook with a dive boat out of Lanta town as they go to all the great spots and snorkellers are more than welcome. I used Lanta Divers for scuba trips but there were a few non divers and this was a well run operation.
    Regards

#2 Posted: 11/11/2008 - 11:12

• curly

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2008

Hi Swag, Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely check out this spot.

Btw, may i know if you have any idea where to get cheaper boat trip rides from Ko Lanta to Phuket Airport? I noticed that some resorts are charging about US $180! That's expensive ya?

#3 Posted: 11/11/2008 - 15:20

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi have a look at tigerline travel on the web.They run ferries down this part of the coast.I know they do Lanta to Phi Phi ferry for about 500thb. Maybe a travel agent in Phuket can put you onto a passenger ferry for Phuket to Phi Phi. US $180 is way too much.Or you can get a shared minivan from Lanta to Krabi then onforward by road to Phuket. Good luck
    Swag

#4 Posted: 12/11/2008 - 04:58

• curly

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2008

Thanks again Swag! Really appreciate your help! =D

#5 Posted: 12/11/2008 - 08:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.