Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai restaurant

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Hello,

A little over a year ago I was in Chiang Mai. An expat took me to this restaurant and I must return.

Let me describe this...

It is a huge restaurant, buffet/bbq style. You take what you want (fresh meat and seafood) and bbq it at your table. The juice from everything leaks into a device that makes soup.

Someone must know this place. It was HUGE and extremely popular. I remember it only being 4-5$ a person. My memory is blurry but I remember it being near some kind of circus or night market.

#1 Posted: 13/11/2008 - 11:58

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hi, I know it. There is a couple next to each other on the road that goes around the old city (around the moat)

Just drive around the outside (clockwise) of the moat and it will be on your left on one of the sides.

Hope that makes sense!

:)

#2 Posted: 14/11/2008 - 05:18

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

This specific one was huge, I remember the thai men standing out front lighting the charcoals on fire for the bbq on each table.

I am sure I can find this specific one :-)

I hoped for the name so I could suggest it to my friends who will be there before i am there.

#3 Posted: 14/11/2008 - 10:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.