Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai restaurant

Posted by mattocmd on 13/11/2008 at 11:58

Hello,

A little over a year ago I was in Chiang Mai. An expat took me to this restaurant and I must return.

Let me describe this...

It is a huge restaurant, buffet/bbq style. You take what you want (fresh meat and seafood) and bbq it at your table. The juice from everything leaks into a device that makes soup.

Someone must know this place. It was HUGE and extremely popular. I remember it only being 4-5$ a person. My memory is blurry but I remember it being near some kind of circus or night market.

#1 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 14/11/2008 at 05:18

Hi, I know it. There is a couple next to each other on the road that goes around the old city (around the moat)

Just drive around the outside (clockwise) of the moat and it will be on your left on one of the sides.

Hope that makes sense!

:)

#2 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Posted by mattocmd on 14/11/2008 at 10:51

This specific one was huge, I remember the thai men standing out front lighting the charcoals on fire for the bbq on each table.

I am sure I can find this specific one :-)

I hoped for the name so I could suggest it to my friends who will be there before i am there.

#3 mattocmd has been a member since 13/6/2007. Location: United States. Posts: 365

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.