Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Vientiene to Koh Pan Yang

• DannyJ

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2005
    Total reviews: 10

Hey everybody!

So... has anyone travelled from Vientiene straight through (without stopping) to Koh Pan Yang? For various reasons it looks like me and my girlfriend will have to do this. I'm pretty sure it will be easy enough to arrange in Vientiene and should be an easy enough journey, abliet a long one!
    Just wondering if anyone has any personal recommendations regarding the trip, i.e. bus over train to BKK or vice-versa, good travel agents in Vienetiene, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help, peace and love, Danny

#1 Posted: 16/11/2008 - 02:27

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Danny,

It's a long, but pretty simple trip.

Vientiane to Bangkok -- I'd recommend the train over the bus from Nong Khai -- there's both night- and day-train flavours of the train.

From Bangkok onwards, this story on how to get from Bangkok to the silly islands covers the main options.

#2 Posted: 17/11/2008 - 08:20

• Rufus

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2007
    Location Laos

I would recommend heading to Udon and flying to Bangkok with a budget airline. This is much quicker and more comfortable than taking the train.

#3 Posted: 18/11/2008 - 11:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.