Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Vientiene to Koh Pan Yang

Posted by DannyJ on 16/11/2008 at 02:27

Hey everybody!

So... has anyone travelled from Vientiene straight through (without stopping) to Koh Pan Yang? For various reasons it looks like me and my girlfriend will have to do this. I'm pretty sure it will be easy enough to arrange in Vientiene and should be an easy enough journey, abliet a long one!
Just wondering if anyone has any personal recommendations regarding the trip, i.e. bus over train to BKK or vice-versa, good travel agents in Vienetiene, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help, peace and love, Danny

#1 DannyJ has been a member since 5/10/2005. Posts: 36

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/11/2008 at 08:20 admin

Hi Danny,

It's a long, but pretty simple trip.

Vientiane to Bangkok -- I'd recommend the train over the bus from Nong Khai -- there's both night- and day-train flavours of the train.

From Bangkok onwards, this story on how to get from Bangkok to the silly islands covers the main options.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Rufus on 18/11/2008 at 11:05

I would recommend heading to Udon and flying to Bangkok with a budget airline. This is much quicker and more comfortable than taking the train.

#3 Rufus has been a member since 22/4/2007. Location: Laos. Posts: 973

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.