Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

TRavel plan

• mowgli

Joined Travelfish
    20th November, 2008

Just after some advice, headin to cambodia and thailand on saturday for 4 weeks. Just wondering what people thought of ths itinerary, as in maybe to many places?

Siem Reap - 3 nights
    Phnom Penh - 2 nights
    Kampot - 1 night
    Sihanoukville - 3 nights
    Koh Kong - 2 nights
    Bangkok - 2 nights
    Overnight train to Surat Thani - 1 night
    Ko Pha Ngan - 8 nights
    Bangkok - 2 nights

Id like to arrive in Pha Ngan later but we arrive on the 8th of december, for the full moon on the 12th. You reckon itd be fine to arrive on the 9th and still have plenty of accomodation choices?
    Anywhere we should add more days, take some off?

Cheers

All the best

#1 Posted: 20/11/2008 - 18:19

• Advertisement

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

i'd skip pha ngan, the fmp isnt much at all unless you havent seen drunks and druggies before and bad music

your itinery is far too rush for mine

i'd pick 4 places and spend a week in each

#2 Posted: 17/12/2008 - 21:00

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Thinks its too rushed also. I guess it depends on how you like to travel tho. I really like to explore places I visit and do as much as i can so I would pick less places and spend some more time in each.

Maybe do Seam Reap then Thailand and then not so many Thai places.

#3 Posted: 18/12/2008 - 21:46

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

Do you first fly into Bangkok and then immediately go to the other places or do you first land in another country?

If you start in Bangkok include a night or two in Bangkok. When tourists try to immediately fly out after arriving at the airport their next question is do I have enough time to make connections, is there a hotel near the airport, is my next flight out of Suvarnabhumi or out of Don Muang, etc.

There is a ferry that you can use to get from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, or vice versa for something different.

Plan on how to get money during your trip so you don't run out. I wouldn't run around the place with thousands of dollars in cash in my pockets. For Thailand you can get cash from ATM's using a debit card.

Don't leave Cambodia with any of their money - hard to get rid of it in a different country. US dollars will work in Cambodia too!

Eight nights in Kho Pha Ngan - this is one place I would skip - but I am an old fart and don't have any interest in being around drugged and drunk kids.

Enjoy your trip and be careful.

#4 Posted: 20/12/2008 - 09:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
NOV 12 - SE ASIA. Travel companions with a plan...or a plan ... By chocolat on 25 Jul 2012 1 763 30 Jul 2012