Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Last minute trip to the Islands!!

• wgiles1

Joined Travelfish
    14th July, 2008

But HELP! I have no idea which one to go to!

My dad is coming out to visit me in Sydney for Christmas, but our plans of renting a campervan and traveling up the coast has been crushed due to the extreme lack of campervans available...argh!! I digress...

I looked online and found some cheap flights to Phuket so here we come!

We are both big divers so we want an island with some great diving and competitive rates. I did my open water on Koh Tao, so I'd like to see some place different. I was thinking Koh Lanta or Koh Phi Phi...but these are just some rough ideas.

I want a good place to relax and enjoy hanging out with my old man, so nothing too insane with all the clubs and such. Just a good place to relax, dive, explore, etc. A far as food and hotel is concerned, we'd like to keep it under 1500 BHT per day if possible. Our plans are to go from 18 Dec to 30 Dec.

Anyone have any good ideas on where to do, where to stay, who do dive with, etc?? Thanks so much for your help!

#1 Posted: 24/11/2008 - 04:33

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi last march I spent 1 week on Koh Lanta. Did 2 separate days diving with Lanta Divers who I can certainly recommend.They are a 5 star Padi centre with good quality gear to use. There's some great sites to dive offshore from Lanta.Google their website. Like Koh Tao the prices are pretty much set from shop to shop.We stayed at Long Beach which is second beach down.Very relaxing probaBly more suited to couples and families but still a great beach.Check here for Koh Lanta info.One of the real pluses was the food as the island is mainly friendly muslims so fantastic curries etc.Plenty of cold beer availble. Any questions ask away etc.

#2 Posted: 24/11/2008 - 11:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Which islands are best at end of April? Last minute trip on the cards ... By BV2011 on 7 Apr 2011 8 2344 15 Apr 2011
Last minute trip advice ... By nicnak13 on 22 Jul 2013 13 2354 9 Aug 2013
Last minute trip - 10 days - What to do? ... By andyb83 on 29 Nov 2010 2 1387 2 Dec 2010
last minute trip to Hanoi 31-07-2009 ... By cencia on 31 Jul 2009 0 1457 31 Jul 2009
Last minute advice for trip needed ... By travelinchen on 19 Jul 2011 14 2802 23 Jul 2011