Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ko Lipe - various questions!

Posted by tracylee on 26/11/2008 at 05:17

Hi-
I'll be vacationing in Thailand and was planning on going to Ko Lipe, as I heard it's not quite as nasty touristy as some other places.

However - I also heard that it's full of construction at the moment; can anyone provide more info on this??

Also, any suggestions of where to stay? I'd prefer a quiet place with a nice beach.

And, finally, just been reading that Hat Yai may be dangerous to pass through, and there are tensions down south. Should I not go there, and instead head somewhere else in Thailand?

Thanks in advance.

#1 tracylee has been a member since 6/3/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/11/2008 at 06:03 admin

Our Ko Lipe section has just been updated, so I suggest you look there for updated recommendations. The researcher didn't mention large amounts of construction in his notes, so can't help on that.

Hat Yai is fine for travelling through. If you'd really prefer not to go through there, then get the train to Trang and bus from there.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by tracylee on 26/11/2008 at 07:17

Thank you, Somtam.

I have read (and re-read) the Travelfish Ko Lipe info; I hadn't realized it had just been updated. That's good news.

Not too worried really about passing through Hat Yai, just wanted to make sure that there was no real danger at this point.

Tracy

#3 tracylee has been a member since 6/3/2007. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.