Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

NYE in BKK

• Crom

Joined Travelfish
    26th November, 2008

Hi guys, I'm trying to decide whether to go to Thailand before or after NY. I'm pretty flexible but want to get something booked up before I go so I have a base for a few days. I've read here that Khao San Road is the hub for travellers and Silom Soi 4 is another good place for NYE.

Is BKK worth avoiding given the troubles and given that I'll probably arrive on 30.12 do I have enough time to get out to Krabi or somewhere like that?

#1 Posted: 26/11/2008 - 22:19

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you're arriving on the 30th, I'd stay in Bangkok (assuming matters have chilled out there) as if you try to head down to Krabi on the 30th, arriving without a reservation, you could have problems finding somewhere decent to stay.

#2 Posted: 27/11/2008 - 08:26

• Crom

Joined Travelfish
    26th November, 2008

Cool, thanks for advice. I've found that i can fly into Phuket or Krabi so might go directly there. But if not then BKK it is. I'm finding booking up places a nightmare. I've tried three now, one had their mailbox full and the other 2 haven't responded...

Cheers for help,
    Crom

#3 Posted: 27/11/2008 - 19:43

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Crom, You may also want to give this story a read -- it discusses the need for a reservation in Thailand.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 28/11/2008 - 08:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.