Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Flights from Chiang Mai to Singapore or Malaysia

Posted by fernery on 27/11/2008 at 19:16

Hi,

Currently in Chiang Mai, I need to know what are the airlines / best ways to fly into Malaysia or Singapore? I need to be in Sg soonest.

Thanks a bunch!

#1 fernery has been a member since 20/11/2008. Posts: 8

Posted by idreamofdurian on 27/11/2008 at 23:04 TF writer

Silk Air flies direct from Chiang Mai to Singapore.

www.silkair.com

#2 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by fernery on 27/11/2008 at 23:16

thanks for the reply. I have tried silkair but the schedule is not favourable as I would need to fly to SG in this weekend. With the current situation in BKK, the options are narrowed.

for example. I wouldn't mind taking alternative routes. I wouldn't mind flying into Phuket, then to SG or to Malaysia to catch another flight. Just what airlines and the way to do it the most practical. So I thought I could use some advice from this forum.

#3 fernery has been a member since 20/11/2008. Posts: 8

Posted by idreamofdurian on 27/11/2008 at 23:24 TF writer

Tiger Airways and Air Asia have reasonably priced flights from Phuket to Singapore. There's often more than 1 per day too, this time of year.

The Koh Samui to Singapore route is owned by Bangkok Airways and is much pricier.

#4 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by wanderingcat on 28/11/2008 at 00:22

also

CNX - KL - SIN (AirAsia)

or

CNX - Samui (Bangkok Airways)
Samui - SIN (Bangkok Airways), KL (Firefly, Berjaya Air)

if really desperate, could also go via Siem Reap.

#5 wanderingcat has been a member since 21/10/2006. Posts: 730
 Where has wanderingcat been?   Website 

Posted by fernery on 30/11/2008 at 20:27

Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally found a flight from CNX - KL on 1 Dec, with Air Asia. From there, I would be flying to SG with the same airline at a later time. However, all Air Asia flights from CNX - KL are now full, till after 6 Dec.

#6 fernery has been a member since 20/11/2008. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.