Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

China Airlines to Bangkok

• neosho

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008

I am scheduled to fly into Bangkok on the 5th from Taipei. I just talked to China Air and they are rescheduling flights to Chiang Mai or Phuket. I think they are operating that on a day to day basis as I could not get my ticket changed until Monday or so. Thanks to all on Travelfish for the updates in Thailand.

#1 Posted: 30/11/2008 - 03:04

• Advertisement

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

If I had a choice of flying into Chiang Mai or flying into Phuket I would choose Chiang Mai . From Chiang Mai you can take a train down to Bangkok if you want. From Phuket it is a little more of a problem to get from there to Bangkok but not a real problem.

From Chiang Mai you can take the overnight sleeper train to Bangkok if you want. Local, within Thailand, flights might be running again by the time you get there.

(I don't care for Phuket so to me Chiang Mai is an easier choice to make. Even in Chiang Mai you can still get a good suntan!)

From Phuket if no flights are available to take you north you can also use a long distance bus to get to Bangkok. Or, bus to train and train up to Bangkok.
    http://www.phuket.net/visit-phuket/about/by-train.htm

Good luck on your trip. Check with CI to see if after things settle down will they be flying back to Taiwan from Phuket/ Chiang Mai or will you have to return to Bangkok for the ride home.

\Good luck.

#2 Posted: 3/12/2008 - 03:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.