Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Why not booking to Thailand

Posted by dellai on 30/11/2008 at 14:17

The planes are fully booked from bangkok to the southern parts of Thailand in case you want to travel and go for the beaches. Next to this is the lift in prices which are quite impressive according to last year.

Next to this the problem now is learning the hard way that there is no consumer protection in Thailand and the Thai people are not that friendly as you think they might be, especially during crisis situations. The airlines will just give refund (in case of internet buying) and you have to pay for new tickets twice the price you have paid before. The first planes leaving from phuket to bangkok airport are already fully booked until the 7th of December.

A personal advice: Never book any traveling trough an Asian agency during country instability as they will not do anything for you. And yes I'm in khao lak (north of phuket) now.

#1 dellai has been a member since 30/11/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by lesd on 30/11/2008 at 17:57

Hi, I am supposed to travel to BKK on Dec 20th, but now I'm not so sure.
Is Phuket airport closed to all flights? I can reticket to there instead of BKK, maybe ?
This is a mess.
I just can't believe that they havn't cleared BKK yet. They are so weak that they could not even bluck food deliveries to the protesters. What A joke !

#2 lesd has been a member since 28/11/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by khunwilko on 1/12/2008 at 10:31

"Next to this the problem now is learning the hard way that there is no consumer protection in Thailand and the Thai people are not that friendly as you think they might be, especially during crisis situations."

YES! Finally! I've been banging this drum for about 5 years now. I've seen/heard many stories of how passengers have been left completely in the dark about what was going on. This is symptomatic of Thai customer service.......in the event of a crisis the staff will turn their backs and run away......the prospect of confrontation with hoards of frustrated and angry tourists is simply too much for them and any chances of help will just close down and in many cases disappear.

#3 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Posted by dellai on 1/12/2008 at 18:43

"Is Phuket airport closed to all flights?". Phuket is according to the hotel still open for business, but I think there are no international flights going anywhere near phuket as far as I know. Most of the time you make one overstay night at BKK and travel the next day to phuket.

#4 dellai has been a member since 30/11/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by khunwilko on 2/12/2008 at 09:38

As far as I know Phuket is open and used to take some international flights.
with the current situation airlines mat re-route to any of the airports in Thailand that are capable of taking them.

I'd check Chiang Mai, Hua Hin Surattthani and the biggest is probably U'tapao.
you might try Sinapore or Malayasia

#5 khunwilko has been a member since 27/1/2007. Posts: 560

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.