Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Why not booking to Thailand

• dellai

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2008

The planes are fully booked from bangkok to the southern parts of Thailand in case you want to travel and go for the beaches. Next to this is the lift in prices which are quite impressive according to last year.

Next to this the problem now is learning the hard way that there is no consumer protection in Thailand and the Thai people are not that friendly as you think they might be, especially during crisis situations. The airlines will just give refund (in case of internet buying) and you have to pay for new tickets twice the price you have paid before. The first planes leaving from phuket to bangkok airport are already fully booked until the 7th of December.

A personal advice: Never book any traveling trough an Asian agency during country instability as they will not do anything for you. And yes I'm in khao lak (north of phuket) now.

#1 Posted: 30/11/2008 - 14:17

• Advertisement

• lesd

Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2008

Hi, I am supposed to travel to BKK on Dec 20th, but now I'm not so sure.
    Is Phuket airport closed to all flights? I can reticket to there instead of BKK, maybe ?
    This is a mess.
    I just can't believe that they havn't cleared BKK yet. They are so weak that they could not even bluck food deliveries to the protesters. What A joke !

#2 Posted: 30/11/2008 - 17:57

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

"Next to this the problem now is learning the hard way that there is no consumer protection in Thailand and the Thai people are not that friendly as you think they might be, especially during crisis situations."

YES! Finally! I've been banging this drum for about 5 years now. I've seen/heard many stories of how passengers have been left completely in the dark about what was going on. This is symptomatic of Thai customer service.......in the event of a crisis the staff will turn their backs and run away......the prospect of confrontation with hoards of frustrated and angry tourists is simply too much for them and any chances of help will just close down and in many cases disappear.

#3 Posted: 1/12/2008 - 10:31

• dellai

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2008

"Is Phuket airport closed to all flights?". Phuket is according to the hotel still open for business, but I think there are no international flights going anywhere near phuket as far as I know. Most of the time you make one overstay night at BKK and travel the next day to phuket.

#4 Posted: 1/12/2008 - 18:43

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

As far as I know Phuket is open and used to take some international flights.
    with the current situation airlines mat re-route to any of the airports in Thailand that are capable of taking them.

I'd check Chiang Mai, Hua Hin Surattthani and the biggest is probably U'tapao.
    you might try Sinapore or Malayasia

#5 Posted: 2/12/2008 - 09:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.