Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Accomodation in Phuket for March

• Isobel_123

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

It should be so easy... but for some reason its the hardest. Its pretty expensive in comparison, which is to be expected.

Dont want to spend more than 1800baht a night for a nice place on the beach, close to Patong but away enough to be able to get a spot on a nice beach.

Kamala, Surin? I dont know... Help!

#1 Posted: 5/12/2008 - 11:23

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hi,

Whats is the hardest, and what is it expensive compared to? I dont actually understand what your question is apart from the topic title!

Travelfish has loads of reviews of hotels in Phuket so that would be a good place to start. In March it shouldn't be to busy and with a whopping(!) B1800 a night it should be easy! :)

If you want to stay in Patong just look for hotels in Patong, there are many near the beach.

Cant really give much advise about which hotels aprat from check the reviews on this site.

#2 Posted: 5/12/2008 - 17:07

• Isobel_123

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

thats Jon, yeah Ive done the reviews to death and have a few ideas. Dont want to stay in Patong, just wanting to detox for a week and unwind before the big trip really kicks off. We'll do day trips into there instead..

Good to know Bh1800 is a large amount, when reviewing the hotels on this site, flashpacker- mid range hotels come up with that price.

Maphrao and Papa Crab in Kamala seem to be the best of what Ive got so far..

Just didnt know if Kamala or surin were the best of choices for location, for what we want- a great beach or two away from Patong with good vibes. Is Karon good?

Ill keep checking out those reviews anyway.. I appreciate your help alot thanks buddy!

#3 Posted: 6/12/2008 - 06:13

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Personnaly I'd go for Kamala over Surin -- mainly because Kamala has a better range of budget eateries and the cheaper accommodation is better... Surin 's beach though, is nicer -- can't have everything!

#4 Posted: 6/12/2008 - 08:48

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

lol, Quite right!

Kata or Karon is ok but if your going to Phuket you might as well stay in Patpong or you could just choose another (better!) part of Thailand.

:)

Anyway, have a good time where ever you choose.

#5 Posted: 7/12/2008 - 04:28

• Isobel_123

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

have changed my mind and will stay in kamala not surin. we can always go there for some beach action anyway.
    Appreciate your help thanku

#6 Posted: 9/12/2008 - 07:25

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

Kamala has brown sand and 1 or 2 beach bars which are expensive. There a few restaurants which are ok but i really wouldnt recommend it.

Kata or Karon have much better beaches and loads of accomodation around 1000-1500 baht

#7 Posted: 17/12/2008 - 08:55

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Brown sand? News to me.

#8 Posted: 17/12/2008 - 14:52

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

news to you?

I spent 5 days there and it's brown!

#9 Posted: 17/12/2008 - 20:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.