Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand Visa Advice

• joshlay

Joined Travelfish
    24th April, 2007

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on Thailand Visa's as I have managed to get my self in a panic!

I'm going to Thailand for a few weeks, then heading to Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, and back to Thailand. In total we'll be there for two months. I was jsut planning on getting a thai visa on arrival, but I have since read that you have to have proof that you have onward travel within 30 days. Is this true? or will I be fine?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 2/1/2009 - 17:42

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi joshlay,

As long as you're a legitimate tourist and arrive by air, and are from one of the countries eligible for the 30-day stay, then you shouldn't have a problem. If you're still concerned, just arrange a proper Thai visa beforehand.

#2 Posted: 3/1/2009 - 07:36

• joshlay

Joined Travelfish
    24th April, 2007

Thanks for the advice, I have decided that I am going to sort out a visa before I go as it is not worth the risk.

One more question though, if I buy a multi entry tourist visa @£28 per entry, which I intend to use twice, will it cost me £56 up front? or will I have to pay the second lot of £28 when I actually get to the border at Cambodia?

Thanks again

#3 Posted: 6/1/2009 - 00:08

• thaiyaikit

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2008

If you purchase a multiple entry visa you will pay all fees upfront. But as Somtam says you really do not need to get a visa unless you are staying in Thailand for more than 30 consecutive days. It sounds as though you are arriving in Thailand from the UK by air, and then visiting other countries in the region. If you re-enter Thailand traveling overland, you will only get 15 days. Should you be staying longer, I suggest you apply for one visa only; when you arrive first time in Bangkok explain your travel plans and ask for the normal 30 days stamp. Use the visa when you re-enter. I have done this in the past and never had any problem with immigration in Bangkok

#4 Posted: 7/1/2009 - 04:18

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

you dont need a visa. just buy an onward cheap airasia ticket to one of those countries you want.

#5 Posted: 8/1/2009 - 10:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.