Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai to Siem Reap Flights

Posted by mattzago on 5/1/2009 at 01:12

Hello,

I'm trying to look for a flight from Chiang Mai to Siem Reap via Bangkok Airlines around January 31st. Their websites doesn't list any flights beyond January 8th going directly from Chiang Mai to Siem Reap. I e-mailed Bangkok Airlines, but didn't get a response. Does anyone know if they are going to stop service on this route, or do they just typically not have more than one week of flight schedules available for this particular flight. Or better yet if anyone has other travel recommendations to get to Siem Reap from Chiang Mai via land as an alternative that would be great.

Thanks,
Matt Zago

#1 mattzago has been a member since 5/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/1/2009 at 07:26 admin

Hi Matt,

Not sure if the flight is being cancelled.

Another option could be to fly to Bangkok then overland to Siem Reap -- the trip is explained in this story.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by johnfthompson on 7/1/2009 at 05:44

Matt,
I booked the Bangkok Airways Airpass over the phone a few weeks ago and included the Chiang Mai - Siem Reap fl 927 for March 14. Flight departs Chiang Mai at 1500, lands Siem Reap 1715. I remember that while researching my flight options, the Bangkok Airways site sometimes didn't return any results for flight options, I suspect this is a problem with the site. Try calling your local Bangkok Airways office (select representatives Offices on the below link) http://www.bangkokair.com/passenger_support/index.php?topic=contact_us

#3 johnfthompson has been a member since 23/9/2008. Posts: 2
 Where has johnfthompson been? 

Posted by mattzago on 8/1/2009 at 22:26

Bad news everybody. I talked to Bangkok Airlines over the phone and also got an e-mail response. Flights from Chiang Mai to Siem Reap are suspended until further notice.

#4 mattzago has been a member since 5/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/1/2009 at 11:36 admin

Thanks for the report back mattzago - appreciated.

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.