Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Need help planning a 2-week trip to Thailand!

Posted by Apoloplaza on 10/1/2009 at 19:15

Hi,
I am just embarking on planning our 10 year anniversary trip to Thailand so I need lots of help.
1. I am looking for recommended itineraries for a 2 week trip. I have heard amazing things reading these chats about Bangkok and Chiang Mai. Also looking for some time at a beautiful beach with other things to do.
2. Is January a good time to go?

Let's start with that!
Thanks for the help in advance. We are really looking forward to it.

#1 Apoloplaza has been a member since 10/1/2009. Posts: 27

Posted by EmjayReet on 11/1/2009 at 16:36

You are welcome to have a look through my blogs for some ideas .. have spent about 3 months in Thailand.. so have lots of ideas there!

I would definitely recommend you spend a couple of days in Bangkok, at least 5 days in Chiang Mai and then maybe look at somewhere romantic for your beach stay.. Ko Lanta is very coupley and it feels like you are staying on an authentic thai island.. not so westernised as some...

What are you looking for in beach holiday? Lots to do? Little to do? High end luxury?

www.travelblog.org/bloggers/reet

Reet xx

#2 EmjayReet has been a member since 4/7/2006. Location: Australia. Posts: 156
 Website 

Posted by Apoloplaza on 11/1/2009 at 19:56

Thank you for your help.

#3 Apoloplaza has been a member since 10/1/2009. Posts: 27

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/1/2009 at 07:57 admin

There's also the Suggested Itineraries section -- another good starting point.

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by Apoloplaza on 12/1/2009 at 18:28

Thanks for your details.

#5 Apoloplaza has been a member since 10/1/2009. Posts: 27

Posted by travelrock on 13/1/2009 at 06:28

Depends what you like

Bangkok and Chiang Mai are good for temples, shopping and bars. The former is very hectic while the later is a smaller version of it.

Lots of tourists go to these places but I feel the quieter thai towns and islands are much more appealing.

The north eastern part of Thailand is the least visited yet very rewarding away from the typical harassment from vendors and touristy stuff.

#6 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Posted by Apoloplaza on 13/1/2009 at 16:52

Thanks for help! That sounds great, but we do not like shopping and bars!

#7 Apoloplaza has been a member since 10/1/2009. Posts: 27

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.