Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

need help with my quick thailand trip

• adam27

Joined Travelfish
    11th January, 2009

Hi

I am planning a Thailand trip in April for about 2 weeks. Fly in to Bangkok for a few nights (any recommendations for how many nights and any must see's while there??) Then we want to end up at a southern beach (Ko Samui or somewhere) at the end for around 5 nights.

We have 3 or 4 nights in between that I want to fill. Any advice for some recommended options would be appreciated!

A

#1 Posted: 11/1/2009 - 17:07

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi A,

A good place to start is the suggested itineraries section which has, well, suggested itineraries!

#2 Posted: 12/1/2009 - 07:49

• blpratt

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2008

Just a quick recommendation: If you decide it might be easier to book through one of the many "TAT" offices in Bangkok, please don't do it. We got ripped off by Unseen Travel in Bangkok by Khao San road, of course it was partly our own fault for believing a word of it, so just use sense. If they are charging you a ridiculous amount, no matter how much they assure you that your accomodations are "beachside, very nice, air con, hot water, good deal in high season" walk away. The accommodations they booked were rubbish and actually cost about a third of what we paid through Unseen Travel. I'm not sure why we used a travel agency in the first place, but hopefully this helps someone else from falling for the scam.

#3 Posted: 14/1/2009 - 19:20

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

1 read this site
    2 buy a guide book
    3 dont book too much ahead

#4 Posted: 14/1/2009 - 21:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.