Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Chang Weather

• adam27

Joined Travelfish
    11th January, 2009

Hi

I am planning to head to Ko Chang in mid April and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the weather is like around then?
    I have read its very hot and that the wet season starts in May- But i dont want to head there if the rain actually starts in April.

Thanks

Adam

#1 Posted: 16/1/2009 - 09:51

• Advertisement

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

Hi Adam
    The build up to the wet season usually begins in April so it will be very hot and sticky.Probably won't get consistant rain but perhaps the odd shower or thunderstorm.

#2 Posted: 16/1/2009 - 11:29

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

June is the start of the worst weather. April is hot and May a bit of rain.

Low season prices dont start at many chang resorts until june so you'll be paying high season prices.

#3 Posted: 18/1/2009 - 19:48

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

I went to the new Weatherfish animated weather page and it is just as these gentlemen stated. April is pretty hot, with daily highs of 33 degrees. But the rain is still mild in April, averaging only 173 mm and usually raining only 13 days out of the 30. Compare that with June and July and their 903 mm of rain over 26 days. Brutal.

By the way, that was my first time navigating the new website, and I thought it was pretty painless. The animated weather map is a real keeper. It's at: http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php
    (not sure if possible to make that link live on the new site or not)

April is the hottest month in Thailand in my experience. Plus, if you are travelling over the Lunar (Songkran) New Year holiday that runs a few days before and after April 15th, expect prices to be high, places to be full, and transport to be fully booked. Plan ahead if you can. Cheers.

#4 Posted: 19/1/2009 - 00:00

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

oops. well, the link sort of went live, but not like i had planned. there is supposed to be a new feature that allows editing as well, but until i figure that out, sorry. regards.

#5 Posted: 19/1/2009 - 00:02

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hmm not sure why that didn't work. You should just be able to post links and they'll go live. Like this (I think)
    http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php

#6 Posted: 19/1/2009 - 06:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.