Thailand forum

Koh Lipe mid feb

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

oops second try.My wife and i will on lipe mid feb this year and i have a couple of questions.After looking at the suggestions here and on the lipe website after much thought i decided to book a few nights at the varin resort on pattaya beach.how crowded is this beach compared to the others?was originally looking at the mountain resort but was put off by the longtail noise i had heard about. was this as bad as it sounds?budget is about 1500-2000 bht a night so am looking for something with a bit of peace and relaxed setting.any thoughts?tasty food is always a priority. any suggestions would be great

#1 Posted: 18/1/2009 - 06:09

• Advertisement

• sarabanda

Joined Travelfish
    29th December, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello!
    I was in Lipe in december and stayed at Varin. The basic bungalows there are just that, basic, fan and mosquito nets (800Baht). You might have booked the better ones but I did not see them. I was quite happy there altogether.

Pattaya beach is not very crowded, not noisy at all. There are quite a lot of longtail boats in the water though, but Varin has a spot just in front of a swimming area that is kept clear of boats.

My friends were staying at Mountain resort: no mosquito nets there! The resort is nice and you have great view and breeze but you are quite isolated from the rest of the island. This is a problem especially at night when you'd have to come back from Pattaya beach, as that is where most restaurants are, plus the village. It is doable and my friends did it, but it depends what you want out of your accomodation. Mountain resort was a bit too isolated for me. At Varin I never heard any noise and was right in the "thick" of things (which is not very thick at all!).

Enjoy Lipe!

#2 Posted: 18/1/2009 - 21:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.