Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Visa confusion

Posted by joejowers on 22/1/2009 at 04:07

hi,

I am flying to BKK on 3rd March, and Flying out of BKK on 20th May.
I was planning on staying in Thailand for 60 days, then visiting cambodia for a few days, then spending the remaining 15 days back in thailand before i fly from BKK.

As i cannot get a visa on arrival as i have no proof of flying from thailand within the 30 day limit, presume i need to get a 60 day tourist visa. I have seen it cost £28 per entry so would i need to get 2 entries? or could i use the 60 day one entry tourist visa, leave thailand and then return for the last 15 days of my stay on a visa on arrival.

Sorry i am really confused on this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for a great site btw.

#1 joejowers has been a member since 4/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by DLuek on 22/1/2009 at 05:24 TF writer

Hi,

Yes, you will need to get the regular single entry tourist visa (valid for 90 days) before you arrive in Bangkok. Then you'll be re-stamped for a free 15 days without a visa when you return from Cambodia. I'm actually doing the exact same thing but from April to June.

Good luck,

DL

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,152
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/1/2009 at 07:21 admin

Hi joe,

Just because you don't have an onwards ticket does not mean you won't be issued a 30-day visa free entry upon flying into Bangkok. It's immaterial as you need 60 days anyway (and, as DL says), you'll need a visa.

I'd concur with DL - get a dingle entry tourist visa and do the second entry on a 15-day stay -- if you need more than 15 days on the second entry, then get a double entry visa as you suggest.

Cheers

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by joejowers on 23/1/2009 at 00:24

Many thanks for your quick replies and information.
I have now sorted a single entry visa.
Cheers

#4 joejowers has been a member since 4/1/2009. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.