Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Tiger Kingdom Chiang Mai

• DannyJ

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2005
    Total reviews: 10

Hey people!
    So everyone has heard of the Tiger Temple in KanChan, but how about the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai?? JUst arrived in CM and am seeing adverts all over the place,am interested but having heard stories about the KanChan Temple place and how the tigers aren't kept in proper conditions, was wondering if anyone has personally been to the Kingdom and can say how well the tigers there are treated??
    Might get an answer 'on the ground' soon but no-one i've spoken to has actually been there!
    Thanks for your help!
    Peace and love, DannyJ

#1 Posted: 22/1/2009 - 11:46

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hi danny!

there has been quite a bit of lively discussion lately about these types of things in general and the tiger temple place in kanchanaburi specifically. most folks seem to agree that these places don't treat their animals properly, although nobody mentioned the tiger kingdom in chiang mai by name so don't want to make it guilty by association.

will you let us know what you find out? keep us posted on your thai boxing career too while you are at it. cheers.

#2 Posted: 22/1/2009 - 11:54

• chocolatemo-
    nkee

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2008
    Location Canada

Hey Danny,
    let us know if you go. My wife and I were looking at going just to compare it to the Tiger Temple.

Chocolatemonkee

#3 Posted: 26/1/2009 - 21:45

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

never heard of it

#4 Posted: 27/1/2009 - 06:14

• thaiyaikit

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2008

Is this the place which is now in the news after a tourist was bitten by a tiget cub and has had several dozen stitches in her leg?

#5 Posted: 27/1/2009 - 20:03

• amz155

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2006

#6 Posted: 28/1/2009 - 01:46

• DannyJ

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2005
    Total reviews: 10

Interesting article! Pretty sure thats the same place i'm mentioning, think i'm going to skip it, have always wondered why people don't get bitten by what are essentially wild animals. Hope the lady recovers soon, peace and love, DannyJ

#7 Posted: 28/1/2009 - 14:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Chiang Mai Tiger Kingdom - proper information ... By shaydan_01 on 30 Jan 2010 0 1825 30 Jan 2010