Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

enough money??

• bewillis

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

hey guys!

First off I love this site, i'm so happy i stumbled upon it. I have never come across a travel site with as much help and info as this one. So thank you!! now to my question, I'll be leaving to go to Thailand on Feburary 27th for 4-5 weeks, will $1800 cdn. spending money last me that long?? now this is just spending money (transportation, entrance fees, food, clothing, and i do enjoy my singhas, sometimes to much!!)i have separate money put aside for my housing for the month.. thanks in advance guys for any help you can give me it is greatly appreciated!!

#1 Posted: 29/1/2009 - 11:36

• Advertisement

• mic59

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2008
    Total reviews: 5

Easily enough. I spent 6 weeks there 3 months ago and spent US$2500 all in. Stuff like clothes and gifts to take back, accomodation, food, travel. And I didn't stint myself. Just keep an eye on what you have spent, take a small book and write your available balance in it every night. Helped me no end to know whether I should cut down on spending for a couple of days to keep within budget.

#2 Posted: 29/1/2009 - 18:17

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Depends how you like tp party really! I always take a few credit cards with me as a backup but then Im a bit of a flashpacker and I like to party hard! :)

#3 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 01:01

• travelrock

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2008
    Total reviews: 18

The most expensive things are hotels (if you go upmarket), tours and hiring cars.

If you are travelling via buses, staying in 500-800 baht ghs and eating thai food it will be cheap for you. $1800 would be plenty if you do that.

#4 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 08:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.