Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

enough money??

Posted by bewillis on 29/1/2009 at 11:36

hey guys!

First off I love this site, i'm so happy i stumbled upon it. I have never come across a travel site with as much help and info as this one. So thank you!! now to my question, I'll be leaving to go to Thailand on Feburary 27th for 4-5 weeks, will $1800 cdn. spending money last me that long?? now this is just spending money (transportation, entrance fees, food, clothing, and i do enjoy my singhas, sometimes to much!!)i have separate money put aside for my housing for the month.. thanks in advance guys for any help you can give me it is greatly appreciated!!

#1 bewillis has been a member since 29/1/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by mic59 on 29/1/2009 at 18:17

Easily enough. I spent 6 weeks there 3 months ago and spent US$2500 all in. Stuff like clothes and gifts to take back, accomodation, food, travel. And I didn't stint myself. Just keep an eye on what you have spent, take a small book and write your available balance in it every night. Helped me no end to know whether I should cut down on spending for a couple of days to keep within budget.

#2 mic59 has been a member since 30/7/2008. Posts: 107

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 30/1/2009 at 01:01

Depends how you like tp party really! I always take a few credit cards with me as a backup but then Im a bit of a flashpacker and I like to party hard! :)

#3 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Posted by travelrock on 30/1/2009 at 08:23

The most expensive things are hotels (if you go upmarket), tours and hiring cars.

If you are travelling via buses, staying in 500-800 baht ghs and eating thai food it will be cheap for you. $1800 would be plenty if you do that.

#4 travelrock has been a member since 19/4/2008. Posts: 209

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.